Search for content in message boards

George Franklin Hamilton b. 1784 NC m. Hannah Foster lived in MS.

George Franklin Hamilton b. 1784 NC m. Hannah Foster lived in MS.

Don Hamilton (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2000 4:33PM GMT
I am looking for ancestors and descendants of this family. Thomas Jefferson Hamilton was a son, then John Rufus Hamilton and my grandfather, Eugene Calvin Hamilton. The family lived in MS and my gfather moved to Walker Co., AL. Thanks. dchamilton@mindspring.com

George Hamilton

W.H. Cooper (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2000 10:00AM GMT
Do you happen to know if your George Hamilton, born 1784-1785 in North Carolina, was the son of John Hamilton and Elizabeth Archer of Guilford County, North Carolina? Also, do you have information on George Hamilton's siblings? We show that our John Hamilton and Elizabeth Archer had at least two sons and three daughters, Ann and Mary, who both married McNairys, and our Sarah Hamilton, born in 1784, who married Joseph Davis. Do any of these names ring a bell? Thank you.

Thomas Jefferson Hamilton

Posted: 28 Jul 2000 11:28PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 6:21AM GMT
I know this is a long shot but worth a try. I'm researching my Hamilton family from Mississippi and can't seem to get no further than my Ggrandfather, Thomas J. Hamilton.
Thomas was born 1846 in Mississippi. According to Census records, his father was born in La. and his mother in Mississippi. I noticed you have records of Thomas Jefferson Hamilton and brother John Rufus, sons of John Hamilton.
Would you look to see if your Thomas Jefferson had a son named Thomas Jefferson Hamilton born 1846 in Mississippi.
Thanks, Debbie Hamilton, Waldrop

George Hamilton

Posted: 29 Jul 2000 6:24PM GMT
We do not know George's parents. His known sibling was Martin Abraham Hamilton b. 1794 SC. Martin married Elizabeth Gilmore and had seven children. Any connections?

Thomas Jefferson Hamilton

Posted: 29 Jul 2000 6:33PM GMT
Our Thomas Jefferson Hamilton was b. abt. 1827 and was the child of George Franklin Hamilton,Sr. Our records do not show another Thomas Jefferson Hamilton. Sorry and thanks for checking.

George Hamilton

W.H. Cooper (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 7:43PM GMT
Sorry, but I don't see a connection. Our line wouldn't have had anyone born in South Carolina. Our Hamiltons lived in North Carolina and, later, Tennessee. Thanks anyway.

E. C. Hamilton, Ms.

Posted: 30 Jul 2000 11:13AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 6:21AM GMT
I have in my records E. C. Hamilton born Dec 1839, La.. Wife: Louisa A. born July 1848, Ms.. Children:Benjamin E., Bascom B., Amanda E., Lilly O., May S..
I have several Hamilton families in my records. Which County of Mississippi did your Hamilton family live? About what Year, I'll be glad to search my records.
Debbie

E. C. Hamilton

Posted: 30 Jul 2000 2:21PM GMT
E. C. Hamilton b. 8/26/1882 in Mabin, MS m. Ellen Ella Jefferson in Mabin, MS. Moved to AL. We have found family in Choctaw Co., MS and Oktibbeha Co., MS. Hope we can find a connection. E. C. Hamilton is my grandfather.
Don

Re: George Hamilton

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 7:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hamilton
what part of tennessee did your Hamiltons live? just curious because some of my Hamiltons are from Tn also. my email is scottyhamilton20111@hotmail.com if you cant contact me on here. thanks alot.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions