Search for content in message boards

Hessville, Ohio

Hessville, Ohio

Carol Ann (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2000 6:35PM GMT
As a newbee, I am need of assistance from the many expert searchers on this Message board. I have information that my Gr Grandfather was born in Hessville, Ohio. I am not able to even get a hit on the town. Do any of you have any info on Hessville? If you could be of any assistance, I would be forever greatful.

Hessville, Ohio

Catharine Dollase (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2000 7:38PM GMT
I can't tell you specifically where Hessville is , but I can assume that it must be somewhere near Columbus as that is were the Hess family settled after leaving Pennsylvania. The the majority of Hesses in Columbus history were descended from a George Baltzer (Balser) Hess.

Hessville

LBlanton (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 12:37PM GMT
My father grew up in St.Clairsville, OH and had relatives in the Pittsburgh area. His grandfather was George Hess, but I don't know his middle name.

HESSTOWN, NEW JERSEY

Posted: 22 Jul 2000 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 6:36PM GMT
TO HESSVILLE, OHIO- I DON'T KNOW WHERE THAT IS LOCATED AND I NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE.
OUR HESSTOWN, IN SO. N.J. IS ON RT #49 AND MY ANCESTORS FOUNDED THAT TOWN.iS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT KNOWS ANY HESS THAT
ORIGINATED FROM IT? WE ARE STILL ON THE MAP.
DORIS HESS DANNA 7/22/00

hess family

penny (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2001 1:41PM GMT
my hess family is from camden my grandfather was edward hess married to naomi (shone).do you know any info that is from edward,s family from philadelphia pa.thanks for your time..

Edward Hess

Posted: 1 Apr 2001 4:30PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 6:36PM GMT
I will work on finding out if possible who Edward Hess is. As far as I know I don't think he is in our Hess family of So. New Jersey. I shall search anyhow and get back to you..Doris Hess Danna

hess/edward

penny (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2001 7:56PM GMT
edward was married to a woman who came from millville nj.her name was naomi shone.

hess/edward

penny (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2001 7:57PM GMT
edward was married to a woman who came from millville nj.her name was naomi shone.

Re: hess/edward

Posted: 31 Jul 2001 3:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jan 2004 12:52AM GMT
Surnames: MORGAN, HESS, HOWELL, WILLIAMS
Penny, do you recognize any of these names? Ida May Hess was my grandmother.
A son of John and Lydia Morgan, Samuel Morgan b 1 Mar, 1859 in Cape May Co, NJ m Ida May Hess in 1880. Ida May was born 3 June, 1859 in NJ d 6 Mar, 1936 In Millville, Cumberland Co.

The 13 children of Samuel and Ida May: - Walter b 27 Dec, 1880 in Buena Vista, Atlantic Co, d 30 Jan, 1953 in Harriman, TN - Clara (Fox) - Frank - Joel H - John - Reba H - Edward - Samuel b Oct 6, 1892 in Cape May Co. - Edna Mae - Myrtie - Alverta - Mable Ada - Bertha May Morgan.

Re: Hessville, Ohio

Posted: 26 Jan 2007 1:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HESS
Hessville, OHIO is located just outside of Fremont, Ohio, which is in Sandusky County just south east of Toledo. It is a very small community and you probably won't find it on a map. It was settled by my family, I am a descendant of Fred and Amelia Wargowsky Hess. their son August married Elizabeth Zunk and thier daughter Evelyn is my grandmother.Fred and his siblings apparently are credited with setlling this small village.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic