My Krueger Family-mecklinburg to Freeport IL

My Krueger Family-mecklinburg to Freeport IL

Posted: 23 Jul 2002 5:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Aug 2002 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: Krueger/Kluth/Ackey/Knickelbein
My link to the Krueger name is as follows:
My great great Grandfather was Charles F.Krueger d1913
My great great grandmother was Ottilie fredricka Krueger nee(Knickelbein).
they came from Golm or Gowin, Mecklinburg Germany to Freeport IL on 05/15/1881.
They had the following children:
Emilie Kluth nee Krueger (my great grandmother)
Anna Bramer nee Krueger
Alma Schmidt nee Krueger-born 11/12/1892 Son Karl Schmidt and a daughter Mrs. James Ackey
Emma Berends nee Krueger
August krueger
William krueger
Ida and Karl krueger who died as children i believe.
Charles also had a brother named John Krueger who was married to a Sophia Hill. They had 7 children (I do have the names and dates of the children)
If any of this rings a bell please email me immediately. Thank you!

Re: My Krueger Family-mecklinburg to Freeport IL

Posted: 19 Aug 2002 4:10PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2004 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: Knickelbein

Descendants of Johann Knickelbein

Generation No. 1

1. JOHANN1 KNICKELBEIN was born December 25, 1817 in Germany, and died March 22, 1896 in Freeport, Illinois. He married FREDRICKA CAROLINA KNICKELBEIN. She was born June 05, 1820 in Germany, and died January 29, 1894 in Freeport, Illinois.

Notes for JOHANN KNICKELBEIN:
Listing of Graves: City Cemetery, Freeport, Illinois (Section 1 Row 12) and is listed as the husband of Fredrica Carolina Knickelbein

Freeport Daily Bulletin: March 23, 1896: Obituary:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GONE TO HIS REWARD

John Knickelbein, an Old Citizen, is No More.

John Knickelbein, an aged resident of this city laid aside all earthly cares yesterday afternoon at 2 o'clock. He was aged 78 years, 2 months and 29 days and his death took place at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Carl Krueger No. 12 Arcade avenue. He was a resident of this city for 15 years and was well liked by his many friends.

The funeral will be held tomorrow afternoon at 2 o'clock from the German Lutheran Church of which he was always a devout member. Rev. H. G. Schmidt will officiate.

More About JOHANN KNICKELBEIN:
Burial: March 24, 1896, City Cemetery, Freeport, Illinois
Burial location: City Cemetery, Freeport, Illinois (Section 1 Row 12)
Emmigrated: Abt. 1880, From Germany

Notes for FREDRICKA CAROLINA KNICKELBEIN:
Listing of Graves: City Cemetery, Freeport, Illinois (Section 1 Row 12) and is listed as the wife of Johann Knickelbein

Freeport Daily Democrat: Tuesday, January 30, 1894: Obituary:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KNICKERBINE
Mrs. Fredricka Knickerbein died at her home in the Third Ward yesterday of valvular disease of the heart, which she has been suffering for several years. She was 73 years, 7 months and 21 days of age. The funeral will be held tomorrow afternoon at 1 o'clock from the German Lutheran Church.

Freeport Daily Bulletin: Tuesday, January 30, 1894: Page 4 Col 1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mrs. Frederika Knickerbine died yesterday aged 73 years. She was a native of Germany and has lived in Freeport for thirteen years.
-------------------------------------------------

More About FREDRICKA CAROLINA KNICKELBEIN:
Burial: January 31, 1894, City Cemetery, Freeport, Illinois
Burial location: City Cemetery, Freeport, Illinois (Section 1 Row 12)
Cause of Death: Valvular Disease of the Heart
Emmigrated: Abt. 1880, From Germany
Important Note:: Knickelbein is her married name

Children of JOHANN KNICKELBEIN and FREDRICKA KNICKELBEIN are:
2. i. FREDRICKA2 KNICKELBEIN, b. March 08, 1849; d. September 22, 1929, Freeport, Illinois.
3. ii. CAROLINE SOPHIE FREDRICKE KNICKELBEIN, b. March 27, 1851, Mecklenberg, Strelitz, Golm, Germany; d. January 24, 1924, Freeport, Stephenson county, Illinois.
4. iii. JOHN KNICKELBEIN, b. Abt. 1852, Germany; d. October 14, 1923, Rudolph, Wisconsin.
iv. WILHELMINE KNICKELBEIN, b. August 26, 1852, Germany ?; d. May 12, 1897, Freeport, Illinois.

More About WILHELMINE KNICKELBEIN:
Burial: City Cemetery, Freeport, Illinois
Burial location: City Cemetery, Freeport, Illinois (Section 4 Row 12)
Important Note:: Knickelbein is her married name

Generation No. 2

2. FREDRICKA2 KNICKELBEIN (JOHANN1) was born March 08, 1849, and died September 22, 1929 in Freeport, Illinois. She married CARL F. KRUEGER. He was born March 14, 1848, and died August 26, 1916 in Freeport, Illinois.

Notes for FREDRICKA KNICKELBEIN:
Section 3, Row 18: Krueger, Carl F. March 14, 1848-Aug. 26, 1916
Frederica 'His Wife' March 8, 1849-Sept. 22, 1929
Carl F. 'Their Son' Sept.2, 1888-Sept.9, 1888.

More About FREDRICKA KNICKELBEIN:

More About CARL F. KRUEGER:

Child of FREDRICKA KNICKELBEIN and CARL KRUEGER is:
i. CARL F.3 KRUEGER, b. September 02, 1888; d. September 09, 1888.

3. CAROLINE SOPHIE FREDRICKE2 KNICKELBEIN (JOHANN1) was born March 27, 1851 in Mecklenberg, Strelitz, Golm, Germany, and died January 24, 1924 in Freeport, Stephenson county, Illinois. She married JOHANN FRIEDRICH WILHELM KARSTAEDT October 20, 1871 in Golm, Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Germany, son of JOHANN KARSTAEDT and MARIA SCHARF. He was born September 06, 1846 in Golm, Mecklenberg-Strelitz, Germany, and died May 28, 1939 in Freeport, Stephenson county, Illinois.

Notes for CAROLINE SOPHIE FREDRICKE KNICKELBEIN:
Vol. 5 - Freeport City Cemetery: on microfilm # 1698056 item # 6

Caroline's reads Karstedt Caroline "Mutter" geb 27 Marz 1851, gest 4 Janury 1924 Ehefrau von Fred Karstedt.

More About CAROLINE SOPHIE FREDRICKE KNICKELBEIN:

Notes for JOHANN FRIEDRICH WILHELM KARSTAEDT:
Their tombstones in the City Cemetery on Empire Street read: Fred "Father" 6 September 1846-28 May 1939.

More About JOHANN FRIEDRICH WILHELM KARSTAEDT:

Children of CAROLINE KNICKELBEIN and JOHANN KARSTAEDT are:
i. HERMAN3 KARSTAEDT, b. July 13, 1878, Mecklenberg, Stelitz, Golm, Germany; d. November 01, 1903.

More About HERMAN KARSTAEDT:

ii. AUGUST KARSTAEDT, b. March 26, 1881, Mecklenberg, Stelitz, Golm, Germany; d. April 01, 1916.

More About AUGUST KARSTAEDT:

iii. CARL J. KARSTAEDT, b. February 12, 1887, Mecklenberg, Stelitz, Golm, Germany; d. February 20, 1913.

More About CARL J. KARSTAEDT:

iv. CLARA KARSTAEDT, b. April 10, 1889, Mecklenberg, Stelitz, Golm, Germany; d. July 08, 1890.

More About CLARA KARSTAEDT:

4. JOHN2 KNICKELBEIN (JOHANN1) was born Abt. 1852 in Germany, and died October 14, 1923 in Rudolph, Wisconsin.

Notes for JOHN KNICKELBEIN:
(Possibly the son of Johann (1817-1896) and Fredrica Carolina (1820-1894) Knickelbein ?)

FREEPORT JOURNAL STANDARD
OCTOBER 15, 1923- Monday

JOHN KNICKELBEIN, FORMER FREEPORT RESIDENT, DEAD

John Knickelbein, who made his home in Freeport for more than thirty years, passed away last night at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Henry Sieb, at Rudolph, Wisconsin. He had been living there the past four years. Mr. Knickelbein was about 70 years old and was employed during a long period of years by the Arcade Mfg. Co. His wife preceeded him in death a number of years ago.

The children survivng are Mrs. Henry Sieb, William Knickelbein of Milwaukee; Carl of Racine, Wisconsin; and Rudolph living in Texas.

The remains will be brought to Freeport tomorrow. Funereal arrangements have not been completed.

More About JOHN KNICKELBEIN:
Burial location: City Cemetery, Freeport, Illinois (Section 4 Row 12)

Children of JOHN KNICKELBEIN are:
i. BERTHA3 KNICKELBEIN, b. Abt. 1880, Mecklenburg, Germany.

Notes for BERTHA KNICKELBEIN:
Passenger's Name: Bertha Knickelbein
Last Residence: Mecklenburg

Date of Arrival: Apr. 23, 1883
Final Destination: USA
Purpose for Travel: Staying in USA, but not a citizen of USA
Ship's Name: Suevia
Manifest ID Number: 37277
Port of Embarkation: Hamburg
Mode of Travel: Steerage

More About BERTHA KNICKELBEIN:
Age at time Immigration: 3
Date of Arrival: April 23, 1883
Final Destination: USA
Manifest ID: 37277
Mode of Travel: Steerage
Port of Embarkation: Hamburg
Purpose of Travel: Staying in USA, but not a citizen of USA
Residence: Mecklenburg
Ship's Name: Suevia

ii. WILLIAM KNICKELBEIN, b. Bet. 1875 - 1895.
iii. CARL KNICKELBEIN, b. Bet. 1880 - 1895.

Posted: 26 Aug 2002 12:35PM GMT
Did Charles(Carl) live in the Illinois area and they come from germany? Please give me the names of the children if they did so ...wdsnrs@aol.com

Posted: 3 Jun 2003 4:49PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2003 3:15PM GMT
I am looking for information on Helen (Krueger) Maass. She had a sister Jeanne (Krueger) Rapp and at least 1 brother, I think. Helen married Otto Maass and had one girl Virginia Louise (Maass) Newall. Do you know of any relation or have heard of them?
Thanks,
Jen Fleck

AW: Re: My Krueger Family-mecklinburg to Freeport IL

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 3:34PM GMT
hallo, habe dieses Forum erst jetzt gefunden aber suche schon seid vielen Jahren die Geschwister-Onkels und Tanten von meinem Opa und Vater, ich bin sehr sehr dankbar dafür wenn jemand Informationen für mich hat und ich endlich Jemand finde von meines Vaters Vorfahren, ich habe einige Namenaus unserem Archiv, wenn sich jemand meldet kann man dies Info auswerten,
Danke im vorraus
Manuela Freitag
geb. Knickelbein

Re: AW: Re: My Krueger Family-mecklinburg to Freeport IL

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 4:59PM GMT
Hallo Manuela - Mein Deutsch ist nicht mehr sehr gut. Ich benutze Babylon.

Welches Vornamen suchen Sie?

Gibt es andere Nachname außer Krueger?

Welche Jahre?

Welche Städte?

Danke!

(For any readers perhaps not understanding this, I (hope!) I am asking for the first names, any other last names besides Krueger, what time frame and what cities.)

AW: My Krueger Family-mecklinburg to Freeport IL

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 5:54PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Hallo,ich spreche und schreibe kein englisch sorry
-mein Name ist Manuela geb. knickelbein,
-suche einige meiner Vorfahren denn ich erfuhr das einige meines vaters vater, dessen Geschwister nach Amerka per Schiff auswanderten,
- ich bin erst am Anfang aber vieleicht können wir weiterhin in Verbindung bleiben weil ich noch sehr viel erfahren möchte,
- an meinem Satmmbaum ist ja zu erkennen wohin er gehen wird, es sind viele Knickelbein die nach Amerika ausgewander sind,
- ich würde mich sehr freuen mehr zu erfahren und vieleicht weit weit weit zusammen,
thank you viele grüße von manuela Freitag, geborene Knickelbein

AW: My Krueger Family-mecklinburg to Freeport IL

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 6:00PM GMT
Hallo,ich spreche und schreibe kein englisch sorry
-mein Name ist Manuela geb. knickelbein,
-suche einige meiner Vorfahren denn ich erfuhr das einige meines vaters vater, dessen Geschwister nach Amerka per Schiff auswanderten,
- ich bin erst am Anfang aber vieleicht können wir weiterhin in Verbindung bleiben weil ich noch sehr viel erfahren möchte,
- an meinem Satmmbaum ist ja zu erkennen wohin er gehen wird, es sind viele Knickelbein die nach Amerika ausgewander sind,
- ich würde mich sehr freuen mehr zu erfahren und vieleicht weit weit weit zusammen,
thank you viele grüße von manuela Freitag, geborene Knickelbein

Re: AW: My Krueger Family-mecklinburg to Freeport IL

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 6:47PM GMT
Hallo Manuela,

Haben Sie gesehen, Knickelbein ins rootsweb?

It is at:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.knickelbein/mb.ashx

Das wäre möglicherweise Sie sehr behilflich!

AW: Re: AW: Re: My Krueger Family-mecklinburg to Freeport IL

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 7:33PM GMT
Hallo,
Danke das Du Dich gemeldet hast , ich bin darüber sehr glücklich denn ich lege sehr viel kraft an um meines vaters Vorfahren zu finden,
die Brüder meines opas knickelbein kann ich nicht Alle Namendlich nennen denn ich bin ja erst am anfang,
es ist ein albert dabei der in hamburg lebte und die Anderen - ich weis nicht, möchte ja auch nicht nur vermutungen setzen,
- ich weis nur das die Geschwister meines Vaters Vater ausgewandert sind und meine Mutter sprach auch immer von Amerika ,
-ich habe in hamburg noch einen Großcosing mit Namen KArl Knickelbein,
-ich bleibe natürlich drann,
Danke Dir und vieleicht findet sich ja was
nette grüße von Manuela
per page

Find a board about a specific topic