Search for content in message boards

LUNA FAMILY FROM TEXAS

LUNA FAMILY FROM TEXAS

Posted: 16 Dec 2008 4:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LUNA
I FOUND A CASIMIRA LUNA AROUND THE WHARTON TEXAS AREA. DOES SHE HAVE ANY CONNECTION WITH THE FLORES FAMILY? I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR MY HUSBAND'S FATHERS FAMILY. HIS NAME IS TOMAS LUNA FROM WHARTON, TEXAS.

Re: LUNA FAMILY FROM TEXAS

Posted: 6 Jan 2009 6:10PM GMT
Casimira's maiden name was Flores. She was born in Goliad in 1879 and is the daughter of Manuel Flores and Agustina Cabrera. She married Antonio Luna in 1891 in Goliad. They moved to Victoria where Guadalupe (my great-grandfather) and Manuel were born. They then moved to the Iago area in Wharton County. Agustina, Senona and Tomas were born there. Most of the family still lives in the area.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Posted: 28 Jun 2011 4:05PM GMT
Hi, I am also looking for my grandfather family in Wharton/Victora, Texas

His name was John (Juan)Luna from houston, tx. He passed away on January 3, 2003. born 1925 in October. He worked for Southern Pacific Railroad for 42 yrs. He was married to Elvira Garcia Lune. They had five children: Vicenta, Pete, Alfread,Anthony,Manuel, and Josephine (decease at birth).

I believe he had a brother and sister. Would love info on the family in Victor/Wharton. We do not know them.

Posted: 28 Jun 2011 4:49PM GMT
My husband John 'Juan'Luna and his sister Maria Quadalupe Luna Aguilar was the son and daughter of Tomas Luna and Delores De LaGarza. Tomas Luna was the son of Casamiri And Antonio Luna who lived in Wharton, Texas. I know her maiden name but need to look up my records. There were additional children of Antonio and Casamiri, but again I have them on file somewhere. I know that John and Maria were named after siblings of Tomas. We once visited Tomas and his new family about 35 years ago. There were 3 or 4 kids in the home. He did not recognize John at first if at all. The neighborhood catholic church directed us to him and where he lived. There could be a possibility that your father is Tomas brother. Look for Casamiri and Antonio Luna in the census records there you will find their children.

Posted: 28 Jun 2011 6:16PM GMT
Thanks I will look up and get back with you

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 2:16PM GMT
I have some information for you. I grew up in the Wharton area and I still have a lot of family there. My mom and I discussed the Luna family this weekend. Juan Luna is not related to Antonio Luna's family as far as we know. Casimira and Antonio Luna have lived in the area since the mid-1900's. Casimira and Antonio had several children but only six lived to adulthood: Guadalupe, Manuel, Simon, Agustina, Senona and Tomas. My grandmother was the only child of Guadalupe Luna and Julia Driscoll. Her mother died not long after childbirth and was raised by Casimira. My mom remembers all of her great-uncles and -aunts except for Simon that left home as a young man. My grandmother (Sulema Luna), Manuel's daughers (Ophelia and Elena) and Tomas' son (Tomas called Tony) were all raised by Casimira. Antonio Luna had several siblings but none of them lived in the area. His parents were Hermengildo Luna and Antonia Escamilla.

My mom does know your family and knew Juan and Elvira. Juan worked with my grandfather at the railroad and Elvira is related to my aunt by marriage. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know. Good luck in your search!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic