Search for content in message boards

ROSS/ROCHELLE/HARRISON

ROSS/ROCHELLE/HARRISON

Posted: 8 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jul 2002 10:01PM GMT
Surnames: ROSS, ROCHELLE, HARRISON
Who were parents of Reuben Harrison, who gave deed "for love and affection" to Nancy Ann Rochelle, wife of Anderson Rochelle, 20 Dec 1825, for 818 1/2 ac on Morrison Creek of Broad River (western Fairfield), said land to be held by Ann & Anderson Rochelle as long as they live and at their death, entailed to their children" Mary Ann Rochelle, Sarah E. Rochelle, James Harrison Rochelle.

Anderson and Nancy Rochelle went from SC to Perry Co. AL where they died in 1840s. Their dau. Mary Ann Rochelle md. a Bryant; their dau. Nancy Rochelle md James W. Ross and their older children were born in SC. James W. Ross d. 1848 and Sarah remd. to Elias George, and moved with her Ross children to Union Co. AL. My gr-grandfather John Alfred Ross was their youngest son. James W. Ross named his two brothers John Alfred Ross and William E. Ross as his executors; I've tried to find the three Ross brothers together in SC but wonder if ABNER ROSS of Fairfield was his father?

Anderson Rochelle was son of James (Jr.) and Margaret Rochelle of French Huguenot ancestry who came to SC from Surry Co. VA via NC. Did Harrisons come same route?

ROSS,ROCHELLE,HARRISON

Posted: 9 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2001 3:24AM GMT
Surnames: ROCHELLE, HARRISON, BURGESS, WYCHE
Re: Reuben Harrison of Fairfield County, SC--
His parents were William Harrison and Nancy Kirkland. William's will was dated 16 Dec 1773, recorded in Craven Co. SC, WB 1774-1779, p.79; proved 15 Apr 1774.

Reuben Harrison (c1758-13Mar1835) m.1783 Sarah Burgess (c1765-15Apr1831).I'm descended from Reuben's son John who m. Lucy Wyche Rives of Richland County.

I'll be glad to exchange any other info I have about Reuben and his children, if you wish.

William Harrison and Nancy Kirland

Posted: 12 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2005 7:48PM GMT
Surnames: Harrison, Jones
Curious to see if William Harrison and Nancy Kirkland had a daughter named Mary who might have been the wife of Ralph Jones, the Quaker "friend" or "Friend" who came to SC with Samuel Wylly....became Baptist preacher of Ralph Jones Meeting house. A Chester Dist. SC publication named Ralph's wife as "Mary Harrison Jones" and the line does include the Harrison as a middle name for some of the grandsons of Ralph and Mary Jones, notably s/o son William Jones and Sarah Meredith Jones named Elisha Harrison Jones and William Harrison Jones, s/o Osmond Jones and grandson of William Jones and Sarah Meredith Jones. Was William Jones named after William Harrison? (Sources: various wills of the Jones family in Fairfield Co., SC).

Reuben Harrison's wife, parents, son John

Doris Johnston (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ROCHELLE, HARRISON, KIRKLAND, BURGESS, ROSS

Thank you, thank you for telling me Reuben Harrison's parents in Craven Co. SC. Would like to have descendants of your John Harrison. Do you know anything about the Burgess family and Kirkland family? Any earlier Harrison family info? Were they in Surry Co. VA where Rochelles came from?

Will share descendants of Reuben Harrison, anything I have.

Kirkland family

Janet Wamble (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kirkland
I have a Robert Kirkland born in S.C. around 1818. I was wondering if this Kirkland showed up in any of your family. If so, I would love to share info. Thanks.

Janet Wamble

Burge-Burgess

Kenneth Moore (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Moores, Hines, Muse, Fort, Burge

The wife of Ruben Harrison was Sarah Burge daughter of Richard Burge who died in Fairfield abt 1800. This line goes back to Thomas and Mary Burge of Virginia. Their daughter married Charles Moores son of Lt Henry Moores. The Burge line is my wife's (Elva Burge) direct line and the Moores is mine.
Ken Moore
Fresno, CA
Posted: 26 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kirkland, Harrison, Ross, Rochelle
I'm sorry it took me this long to answer your response to my query. I'm not aware of a Mary Kirkland who was daughter of William Harrison or his son Reuben of Camden Dist. or Fairfield Co., SC.

Harrison-Kirkland

Posted: 26 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
I'm sorry, my first response was to the wrong message but when I tried to cancel, I was disconnected.

I don't see that William or Reuben Harrison had a son named Robert, but here is William's will(s):

"25 July 1769, Craven Co., SC: 1st will of William Harrison, not "proven," but recorded, named his dear and loving wife Nancy Harrison, his eldest daughter Mary the plantation whereon she now dwells, his eldest son James 100 acres adjoining Mary, his daughter Sarah, sons Reuben, William, and Willeba, his daughter Patience. Exec: wife Nancy, son James, and John Armstrong. Wit: John Armstrong, Thomas Davis, Mary (X) McKinny

16 Dec 1773, Craven Co., SC: 2nd Will of William Harrison written, named his dear and loving wife "for her life or term of her widowhood, " his beloved son James Harrison 200 acres next above John McKenney, his daughter Mary McKenney the plantation whereon she now dwells, his beloved son Willibee Harrison the quarter plantation, beloved daughter Sarah Davis the plantation of 100 acres whereon she now dwells, beloved son Reuben Harrison 250 acres on Merrins Creek, beloved daughter Patience Harrison the plantation of 150 acres by Cager Pickets and 100 acres joining John Dukes, "his whole estate of stocks and household furniture to be divided into five parts and given to them as they come of age." Wit: Jeduthem Gibson."
Maybe son William died before the second will?
Craven Co. SC Wills 1774-1779, pp. 77-79

Re: ROSS,ROCHELLE,HARRISON

Posted: 14 Apr 2002 8:04PM GMT
Surnames: rives
this is Elizabeth Dunklin Smith Thomas : i am a direct line also of ruben harrison through Elizabeth Rebecca Meyer Stoddard.... I did not know that Lucy Wyche Rives remarried . would you be so kind as to e-mail me the stuff on lucy her birth and death since i cannot find it on the net anywhere.
It seems that we are cousins of a distant relations. My line is Wm rives Lucy wyche , son green rives with this twice his son green rives and also his daughter mary ridley rives m. frederick meyer son william rives meyer and wife frances harrison harrleson. Willowlhby harrison who married Elizabeth is the connection to reuben harrison . They raised Elizabeth Rebecca Harrison Meyer till she married first osborne david steel who died in a prison of war camp durning the war between the states . She then married william johnston stoddard and from them was pearl edna stoddard then on green rives jr came claudius green rives to william john dunklin and julian dunklin. my grandmother was elizabeth rebecca dunklin married edward thomas oconnell this is my line please let me hear form you buffy z642000@aol.com thanks

Re: Burge-Burgess

Alice Dartt (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2002 7:01PM GMT
Do you havwe the names of Ruben Harrisons children????
per page

Find a board about a specific topic