Search for content in message boards

Peacock's in Australia

Peacock's in Australia

Posted: 11 Apr 2001 5:44AM GMT
Edited: 2 Nov 2001 8:55PM GMT
Does anyone have any information on the Peacock family in Australia. They ended up in Wagga and Sydney, but I am not sure if they settled somewhere else first. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Peacock's of Wagga

craig peacock (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2001 8:23AM GMT
I was born in Wagga, my father was Albert Keith Peacock born 1927, his older sister was Joy, also two younger brothers Freddie & Lindsay. After the death of his father my father was raised by his uncle Ashley Royden Peacock who settled at "Stone Hut" Westby east of Wagga. My grandfather was known as "Ab" and my great-grandfather was Matthew Peacock his wife was Mary Jane. Other related families are the Angels and Hurst's.

Peacocks of Wagga

Posted: 29 May 2001 5:52AM GMT
Edited: 2 Nov 2001 8:55PM GMT
Hi relative by marriage!

My father-in-law is Kenneth Roydon Peacock. I guess Ashley was his father. I don't have any information on the Peacock family, so your reply was most welcome. Thanks

Uncle Ash

craig royden peacock (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2001 8:53PM GMT
Louise,
Your father-in-law Kenneth Roydon Peacock and my father Albert Keith Peacock were cousins. Ken's father was "Jack" Peacock (he was my great uncle) he died in the late 60's, Ken also had a brother John who also passed away. Ashley Royden Peacock was a uncle to both Ken and my father. My father was known as "Keith", when his father "Ab" or Albert George died, Keith went to live with Uncle Ash and Aunty Bell at their property, he was raised by them from about 8 years on, Aunty Bell was a Scottish war bride from Glasgow. I regard Ash & Bell as Grandparents in a manner of speaking. Ken was much loved by his uncle & aunty and they always spoke of him highly. I met him a few times only and liked him instantly, years ago i met one of his sons fleetingly at parramatta who worked in insurance, is that your husband? email me on craigrp@tig.com.au

Re: Peacock's in Australia

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 11:29AM GMT
Surnames: Peacock, Knox, Taggart
I have a cousin in Australia who has Peacock family tree. Jim

Re: Uncle Ash

Posted: 5 Sep 2011 9:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
I have 2 photos of Ashley Royden Peacock with his 13th Battalion mates. His mates included my great uncles Alec & Archie McGilvray of Wagga. If you would like copies pls email me wme91136@bigpond.net.au I will also attach them to John Alexander McGilvray in my tree here.

Re: Peacocks of Wagga

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 4:47AM GMT
Hi Louise
I'm writing a book on the history of the Liverpool RSL Club that is better known as the John Edmondson VC Memorial Club. This book will be launched in November 2013 and will contain a good deal of information about the man that the Club is named after, the late John Edmondson VC. I read an article about five years ago (2007)in the Sydney Morning Herald about the Edmondson/Peacock families in peace and war and a lot of the information supplied to the newspaper journalist was by Kenneth Royden Peacock, your father-in-law.I'm hoping that there might be an opportunity to talk to Ken Peacock about using some of the material in my book and I'm keen to source photos that could illustrate both branches of the family. I'm assumong that Ken Peacock is still alive and probably into his 70s by now. I live at Liverpool and if at all possible I'd be keen to have a personal talk to him. I hope you can assist me in this quest.
Regards
Mike Davis
0417 651 922

P.S. I sent an email to Craig Peacock but it appears no longer active.

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 2:14AM GMT
Hi Mike, You should be able to track him down through the Sydney white pages. Cheers

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 3:08AM GMT
Hi Louise

Thanks for that new info. There's a K. R. PEACOCK listed as living at Pymble in Sydney so I'll give him a ring and check.

Regards
Mike Davis

Posted: 17 May 2013 2:14PM GMT
Hi Mike,

I am Craig Peacock, Ken can be contact at the Pymble address, he has historical information on the Wagga Peacock family, and has some information I think on John Edmondson. My father and his family referred to him as "Jack". His mother was Maude Hurst which puts them on my maternal side. They moved away from Wagga prior to WW2 to commence dairy farming. Apparently his actions at Tobruk were completely out of character, he was a rather shy boy and very close to his mother, he was also an only child.

Hope this helps

Craig Peacock
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions