Search for content in message boards

Obits from 8 Jan. 1900

Obits from 8 Jan. 1900

Posted: 12 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 26 Apr 2003 9:37AM GMT
Surnames: Reynolds, Marthage, Fletcher, Hartman, Ritt, Hendricks, Thatcher, Morris, Boatfield
I am not related to the families in this message.

> From the Rochester Daily Union & Advertiser dated January 8, 1900 Rochester, Monroe County, New York <

Helen R., infant daughter of Joseph and Emma Reynolds died yesterday at the family residence, No. 51 Bartlett st.

Mrs. Kate Marthage died Saturday at the family residence, No. 389 Clinton avenue, north, aged 27 years.

The funeral of Nathan W. Fletcher was held from the family residence, No. 20 Wentworth street, at 2 o'clock this afternoon.

The funeral of Caroline Hartman was held from the family residence, No. 50 Hoeltzer street at 8:30 o'clock this morning and from St. Michael's Church at 9 o'clock.

Elizabeth Ritt died Saturday at the family residence, No. 8 Rauber street. Deceased is survived by two sons, Hugh and Albert Ritt, and one daughter, Agnes Ritt. The funeral will be held from the house at 8:30 o'clock tomorrow morning and from St. Michael's Church at 9 o'clock.

Francis Hendricks, formerly of Dunkirk, died at the family residence, Park avenue, Brighton, on Saturday, the 6th inst. at the age of 70 years. Deceased was a printer by occupation and for several years was publisher of the Chautuqua Farmer. He leaves a wife and two daughters, Mrs. George Chapman and Miss Mildred Hendricks, all of Brighton. The burial will be at Forest Hill Cemetery, Fredonia, on Wednesday.

Coroner Kliendienst will hold an adjourned session of the inquest in the case of Nathan Thatcher, at the Morgue this afternoon. Thatcher is the flagman who was killed by a fast West Shore express on last Friday night.

The funeral of Miss Emma Morris of Church street was held to-day. Miss Morris, although only 29 years of age, died on Friday evening, after a stroke of apoplexy.

John Boatfield of Morganville and Miss Catherine Craven of Wales Center were united in marriage on January 4th, by Rev. J. W. Archibald of Stafford.

Hendricks family of Webster, NY

Posted: 11 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 19 Oct 2001 11:09PM GMT
Surnames: Hendricks, Grabowski
I am looking for any information on the hendricks Family, particularly Anthony and the Grabowski Family. Both families came from Germany to Webster, Monroe County, NY in the 19th century.

Re: Hendricks family of Webster, NY

Posted: 10 Aug 2008 12:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hendricks/Hutteman
Hi,
I am also looking for Anthony Hendricks of Webster ... he is the brother of my gr grandmother Elizabeth Hendricks Hutteman of Webster/Penfield area. The Hendricks family immigrated to US in 1880/1881 from Germany. They are the only two I have found so far and I lose Anthony after 1910 census.
I would appreciate any info and more than willing to share what I have.

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 3:52AM GMT
Hello,
I as well am looking for any information for my family tree for Anthony Hendricks and Martha grabowski. I am hoping that these are the same people you are looking for. They would have been my great grandparents who immigrated to webster around 1890 from Germany. I am also looking for any information portaining to other family members on this tree as well. Thank you
Stephanie

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 1:05AM GMT
http://mcnygenealogy.com/bios/biographies002.htm -

From Landmarks of Monroe County, NY by William F. Peck (1895) Part III, p. 18

Klem & Hendricks. - Among the stirring young business men of Webster may be mentioned the firm of Klem & Hendricks, who, after working some years for the Rochester Moulding Company of Webster, started in business for themselves in the manufacture of mouldings in 1892, and after carrying on business for a time in the old structure near the railroad, in 1894 leased the Rochester Moulding Company's plant, where they employ from thirty to forty hands.

You might also want to try these:
http://www.rrlcnewspapers.org/, http://fultonhistory.com/Fulton.html, and http://mcnygenealogy.com/

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 10:44PM GMT
Surnames: Hendrick
Hi,
Yes, your Anthony and Mary are the same people I am looking for. Anthony's sister Elizabeth is my great grandmother. I have them immigrating in 1882. Elizabeth married Adolph Hutteman also in Webster/Penfield area.
How are you related? I only found two daughters for Anthony and Mary. One daughter lived with my great Aunt Kate (Anthonys sister) in Irondiquoit for a time. Don't know what happened to the other daughter. I assumed that Mary died young.
Would love to share info about this family!!
Barb

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 5:10AM GMT
Hi Barb,
Sorry I havent contacted you sooner. Anthony is my great grandfather and his son Frederick is my grandfather. I found a baptism record for the holy trinity church in webster for my grandfather, the parents were listed as Anthony and Mary. The only info I knew prior to this was that Mary had passed young and that Anthony had put my grandfather into an orphanage at a very young age. Frederick was born in 1912 which would make sense that catherine and anna were the only children in the 1910 census. When I pull up the 1920 census Anthony is listed as widowed and the children are no longer with him. this is why i am assuming that this anthony is my great grandfather as well. Do you know of any other info that would verify he is these are my great grandparents as well due to that there were other Anthony Hendricks that had immigrated here as well? If he is have you been able to trace him or mary back any father in the Family tree? Thanks again Barb, If we are family i would love to share info with you

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 4:05PM GMT
Surnames: Hendricks
Hi Stephanie,

Well, I guess we are related. I had no info on Frederick, only Catherine and Anna and still wonder what happened to them like who they married. Anthony is listed coming over with his parents. Please go into my Adolph Hutteman tree to see my info. I would love to share any info with you and see if we could solve the mystery of what happened to Anthony.
I live in Macedon, Wayne County. My e-mail address is Hartz@peoplepc.com Looking forward to hearing from you
Barb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic