Search for content in message boards

Death cert...can I even get oen from Maine?

Death cert...can I even get oen from Maine?

Posted: 6 May 2011 6:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ryan/Hodgkins
According to info on the web, I cannot get a death cert on my husband's great grandmother unless I can prove the lineage, is this correct??? Good gosh, who has all the records they want? His parents birth cert and marriage records???? His grandparents records??? Not going to happen, my FIL does not even know where they could be....
I show that a ISABEL H RYAN ( married a John W Hodgkins first) died in BANGOR on Aug 29, 1962. Is there anyway to find out if an obit showed in a Bangor paper or what funeral home took care of the body? That is also needed with Vital-Check.....I have no idea....and I am not even sure this is my FIL's grandmother, but it all adds up, I just need the death cert! I am also not a licensed genealogist, just like most everyone on this board, looking for family history....thanks! Sandy

Re: Death cert...can I even get oen from Maine?

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 6:24PM GMT
Have you had any luck getting information on your husband's great grandmother? If not, I go to the Maine State Library quite often, and I can try finding an obituary for you. I know how agravating it can be to reach a dead end.

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 7:16PM GMT
Surnames: Ryan/Hodgkins
Jacob,
Thank you! No no help....and my FIL is almost 90 now...so if you would look I would be very grateful! This has to be her....I am keeping my fingers crossed. Isabel H Ryan she died 8/29/1962 in Bangor. I am hoping it tells us something if there is indeed an obit....Thanks again! Sandy

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 8:51PM GMT
I found the obituary you wanted. Would you like me to scan it and send it to you via email or send it in the mail?

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 9:06PM GMT
Surnames: Ryan
Could you please scan it and send it to sanjos333@gmail.com? I am so excited! Thank you!!!!! Sandy

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 11:05PM GMT
It should be there shortly. If it looks weird, it is because my husband cut the columns out and taped them together so it would be less confusing. Do you have any access to either the Kansas or New York state archives?

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 11:08PM GMT
No, I live in Arizona....but if you ever need anything here, let me know! Sandy

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 11:14PM GMT
Thanks, but unfortunately I have no relatives in Arizona, at least at this point! Who knows what is yet to be uncovered.

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 12:00AM GMT
Did you get the obituary?

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 12:14AM GMT
Yes I did! Thank you so much....but the elusive "Mr. Ryan" is still not mentioned and I cannot locate a marriage certificate for Isabelle marrying a Ryan either....but this was a great find! Thanks again! :) Sandy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions