Search for content in message boards

Oak Forest Cemetery

Oak Forest Cemetery

Ron Downing (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2004 10:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Downing, Johnson
I am searching for Oak Forest Cemetery located near Standard in Caldwell Parish. Do you have a location and directions from Columbia? Thank you very much.

Re: Oak Forest Cemetery

Posted: 6 Aug 2004 2:55PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2006 9:34PM GMT
Ron: I have never heard of an Oak Forest Cemetery in either Caldwell or LaSalle Parishes. Maybe it is one that has been abandoned for many years.

Lowell Herlinger (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2004 10:32PM GMT
Surnames: Knight
There is an Oak Farest Cem in Richland Parish and one in Olla in La Salle Parish.

In the Uplands region of northern Louisiana, Caldwell Parish was formed in 1838 from Catahoula and Ouachita Parishes. Its parish seat, Columbia, is on US-165 about 140 miles NNW of Baton Rouge. Caldwell is bordered by the parishes of Ouachita, Richland, Franklin, Catahoula, La Salle, Winn and Jackson.

The US Gen project had a Oak Forrest listed in Caldwell, but in Olla.
http://www.geogen-la.com/parishes/caldwell.htm

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 7:43PM GMT
I live by this cememtery! It is in Caldwell Parish close to the LaSalle parish line. Take 165 towards Olla, turn right onto Hwy 124 at Pearl and Sids, go about a mile and take a right onto Sandy Drive, this is the first right off Hwy 124. When you turn onto Sandy Drive you will cross railroad tracks, then take a right onto Oak Forest Cememtery Road. The road will be blacktop then it turns into gravel. Go to the end you will see it on the right.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic