Posted: 10 Apr 2011 12:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Mar 2014 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: Lambert Rawlins
John S Lambert @1854 in England
died @1881 in San Francisco CA
sons John Joseph -1879 and William W - 1880 by Emma Stevens
Emma remarried @ 1882 to a John Rawlins and had daughter Gertrude
Interested in where John came from, how and when he died. Family originally from Ireland.

No longer looking for John S. as he is not the person I seek. Now seeking father of Katherine (1882), James, and John Joseph (1879) Lambert. All born in San Francisco but no record of parents except father from NY mother from Ireland.
Hope someone got information from previous post that was useful.

Re: John S Lambert @ 1854 England > San Francisco

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: Lambert, Rawlins
my grandfather was John S Lambert born 1879 (not John Joseph) I believe your info on Emma Stevens Rawlins and Gertrude is correct. I do not have any info on the elder John S. WOuld like to know if you have found any more. I have a newspaper article from 1900 (?? packed away) that states that John Lambert returned to SF from South America with his coffee heiress 'friend' to die - so I don't think he died in 1881. I guess John & Emma got divorced. Records from this era are scarce due to the fires form the 1906 earthquake. I do have more info on Gertrude. Emma's mother was Margaret O'Brien from Ireland (1860 census)

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 9:14PM GMT
haven't looked at this lately, but, I only assumed that John died. I had found at one time something about Emma and some society (related to women with children and no husband. She did remarry. You are right, the loss of records, fire in SF and DC have made it very hard to find about that time period. there are so many SF Lamberts and I don't have any idea if they are related.

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 9:19PM GMT
just to be sure, my 1879 is definitely John Joseph, 1854 is definitely John S.

Posted: 19 May 2013 3:29AM GMT
Surnames: Lambert, Rawlins
My name is Nancy Lambert Williams. I live in Bakersfield, where my grandfather, John Sadler (wife Carolyn Curran of Barstow) lived and died (in about 1959). Gertrude Rawlins was his cousin, and I think she had a son named Wilbur. My dad was Merrill (wife Helen)!Lambert, and my uncles were Tom E (died in San Luis Obispo, CA), James (died in Sacramento, wife Vivian; sons Michael, Mark and Greg), and John L. (Died in Sacramento, Wife Alma and daughter Kathleen).

Is this Kathleen?

Posted: 19 May 2013 3:44AM GMT
John S Lambert and John S Lambert were father and son. Emma Stevens was the wife of the elder. Her mother was Margaret Stevens, but I have yet to find the name f her father. She was my great great grandmother on my day's side.

There is no John J in the mix.

Nancy Lambert Williams
Bakersfield, CA

Posted: 19 May 2013 3:44AM GMT
John S and William were the sons....my grandfather and his brother.

Posted: 23 May 2013 12:52AM GMT
Surnames: Lambert
William J Lambert, son of William W Lambert (1880), and my grandfather John Dolan were cousins (their mothers being Tierney sisters) and were very close. I've attempted to attach to this post two articles I downloaded some time ago regarding the death of William W's grandmother Margaret Stevens. I hope it provides some useful information. The articles are from the January 17, 1911 SF Call.
Attachments:

Posted: 23 May 2013 12:59PM GMT
Thank you! I appreciate when people are helpful. Unfortunately because a recent conversation and a recheck on my research, I have found out that John S. is probably not my gggrandfather. I did however find that my ggrandfather, John Joseph, had a brother and a sister, James and Katherine. Now I will search for their father.

Posted: 24 May 2013 2:59AM GMT
Surnames: Lambert, Curran
Hello Nancy, yes this is Kathleen. Nice to connect with you.
I'm not very good at this stuff, spent a little time when they had a free weekend and came up with some interesting things in the SF census on the Lambert side. Could not find anything on Curran. Not sure how much I posted since I am not a member. Feel free to email me to catch up. kab67@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you. Sorry to not reply sooner, long story.
Kathi
per page

Find a board about a specific topic