Search for content in message boards

Campbell and Kennedy marriage

Campbell and Kennedy marriage

Posted: 19 Mar 2008 10:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Campbell, Kennedy, MacDonnell
Does anyone have a Angus Campbell (born about 1820) married to a Catherine Kennedy (born about 1825) in their family tree also? I am a descendent of their daughter Margery Cambell who married Daniel Kennedy. I believe they were members of St. Raphael's. My other branch contains Daniel Kennedy married to a Janet MacDonnell. ANy help would be great. Thanks.

Re: Campbell and Kennedy marriage

Posted: 19 Mar 2008 10:47PM GMT
Hi,

Angus and Catherine were my great grand parents. Margery's sister Catherine Janet was my grand mother. I show that Margery was married to D.D. MacMillan.

Tal MacDonald

Posted: 20 Mar 2008 12:10AM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Kennedy, McDonnell
I think that we have a mix-up. It gets pretty confusing to me because of so many similar names. However, I know Margery Campbell was married to Daniel Kennedy, descendent of Alexander Kennedy(married to Catherine Kennedy) descendent of Donald Kennedy and Janet McDonnell.

Margery Cambell's parents were Angus Campbell and Catherine Kennedy. Ours do not match because of Margery being married to Daniel Kennedy who were my great grandparents.

Posted: 20 Mar 2008 10:47AM GMT
I have Julia Kennedy married to a Duncan Dougall Alex McMillan. One of my Coopers. I have their marriage at St. Raphaels on Sep 27, 1870. I believe that Julia's parents were your Angus and Catherine.

Posted: 20 Mar 2008 11:01AM GMT
I believe your Margery's brother Duncan married an Ann Kennedy the sister of your Margery's Daniel on Oct 03, 1876 at St. Raphaels.

Posted: 20 Mar 2008 2:03PM GMT
My Angus Campbell and Catherine Kennedy are the same as yours. James Allan is correct in that Julia was married to D. D. MacMillan as I erred when telling you he was married to your Margery. I did not have a spouse listed for Margery. I show MacMillan as being a "carriage maker". Angus Campbell was born 1808 and died Mar 4, 1890. Catherine was born Sept 5, 1818 and died March 15, 1898. I have 16 children listed but some may be duplicates. The father of Angus was John and his father was Duncan born Scotland abt. 1740.

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 3:43AM GMT
Thank you for the information. I will compare to my information. Without my charts in front of me, I am lost. I will have more questions soon.

Posted: 12 Jul 2008 3:43AM GMT
Tal
Could you please tell me the children of Angus Campbell and Catherine Kennedy? I only had my grandmother's name, no brothers or sisters. You stated that the father of Angus was John and his father was Duncan. Please tell me how you came by this information. Thanks again for all your help.

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 12:30AM GMT
Hi,

Give me your e-mail address and I will send you a .pdf file showing the children of Angus and Catherine.This site does not handle .pdf.

The line of Angus is shown on a chart that I have done by Duncan Darby.

Tal

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 2:48PM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy, Campbell, McDonnell, McDonald
The last couple of days I have been bak to looking at this branch of my family tree. Email is 2jennybutcher@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions