Search for content in message boards

Conway's of County Cork

Conway's of County Cork

David Hill (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Conway
Trying to locate the family lineage for the Conway's from County Cork, Ireland. My grandmother's side was Irish from County Cork in Ireland. They were Conway's I am told. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2001 8:19PM GMT
Dave, do you have any other information. I've been working with some of my Conway cousins and there could be a connection. Do the names Francis, Bridget, Seth or the state of La come into play in your family's past?

conway's

Cathy Okeefe (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: okeefe, conway
My father's sister married a Conway. Her name was Kathleen
Conway. She had several children, but the only one I remember is Bridget Conway and I believe she still lives in Ireland. Kathleen's maiden name was O'keefe. Most of her brothers moved to Oregon in the early 1900's.

county cork Ireland

Eugene Conway (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Conway
My Grandfather John Conway came from Ireland (don't know where) to New York late 1880's. I don't know his father's or mothers name. Settled in East New York Brooklyn. Any
info appreciated.
Posted: 13 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2005 2:55PM GMT
Surnames: okeefe
My husbands family lives still in Ireland, was wondering if we were related.His g-grandfather was Daniel O'Keeffe m. to Mary Dasrgan.Daniel was b. 1840 and Mary 1831.His son Joesph went to US about 1907.

Re: Conway's of County Cork

Posted: 21 Apr 2002 10:01AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2003 9:25PM GMT
David,

I had always thought that my Conways were from Mayo but the 1901 census states that my g.g.grandfather, James Conway was born in Cork!

The names I am researching are:

David Conway born around 1790
Wife Mary, born around 1798, died Southport, UK 1860

Children:

James born Cork (?) 1830
Bridget born 1836
Ann born 1847
Mary born 1822

(all dates approximate)

Names which run through the generations are David, John, James, Edward, Terence. As I have only found James, there could be brothers with the above names who emigrated to Australia or USA.

Any connections?

David Hill (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2002 7:59PM GMT
Hello Nadine

I had forgotten I had posted this one. I had not heard from anyone in a long time. Actually, I am not sure. It was a curiousity of mine to find out about my Grandmothers relatives in Ireland. We never have heard from her side of the family. My mother knows them, but they never did talk to us. I will have to talk to her and ask. I will get back to you soon. Thanks for the response. If you want to ask anything else, though I have not been much help yet. Drop me a line and I will write back. Bye the way where are you? I am in Louisiana just outside of New Orleans. Talk to you soon. Bye.

David

Re: county cork Ireland

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2002 9:11PM GMT
I have a Martin F. Conway born abt. 1820 in Limerick Co.
Ireland. Married Nora O'niel and they had a John born
abt.1839 and a Martin Francis born abt.1842. Came to america around 1848. I think Martin died in New York. Please let me know if this was any help for I have more info.

Posted: 6 Dec 2012 11:13PM GMT
My name is Matthew my grand father was from cork his name was Ralph James Conway , he is the brother of Larry Conway , and Connie Conway ... they lived in the Baltimore area

Posted: 6 Dec 2012 11:14PM GMT
My name is Matthew my grand father was from cork his name was Ralph James Conway , he is the brother of Larry Conway , and Connie Conway ... they lived in the Baltimore area
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions