Search for content in message boards

Stein family of Skopitetz, Near Tábor

Stein family of Skopitetz, Near Tábor

Posted: 8 Aug 2007 9:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stein
Hello,

I'm trying to research information on my ancestors from Southern Bohemia. My great-great grandfather, Sigmund Stein, was born in 1861 in a village called Skopitetz (spelt Skoptyce in Czech), near the city of Tábor. He became a naturalised British citizen in the 1890s. He had siblings but I know almost nothing about them. One sister married a man called Kohn, I am unaware of their first names unfortunately. They had a child who came to England during WW2 and I know the family has a Jewish connection from her. Sigmund's father was called Alois and his mother was called Sali. On his naturalisation form, he describes his father as a "landed proprietor an austrian".

Any help on how I could find out more information on the family would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew Judkins

Re: Stein family of Skopitetz, Near Tábor

Posted: 23 Aug 2007 1:59PM GMT
Surnames: Zdenek
Hello Andrew
No Skopitetz, no Skoptyce, but Skopytce

z.opava@seznam.cz

Posted: 3 Jan 2008 10:08PM GMT
Mrs.Andrew,
Skopitetz, Skoptyce in now Skopytce (near town Tabor).
Your genealogy of the Stein family from Skopytce is of Jewish origin.It is really a special work in which data in necessary to search completely different documents than the same ones the Czechs-the christians.Hardly any genealogist knows how to solve this problem but I do.I am not specialized in Jewish genealogy nevertheles I sometimes process the Jewish genealogical researchs on it.
Contact me , please.
Petr genea@centrum.cz

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 9:55AM GMT
Surnames: STEIN, HELLER, FRIED
Do any of you recognize this family group please?

1. Ignac Itzhak STEIN-3
sp: Johanna FRIED-4
+-2. Kamilla STEIN HELLER-1 (b.23 May 1887-Tabor d.2 Mar 1970-Haifa)
sp: Rudolf Reuven HELLER-2 (b.3 Mar 1881-Ustek u Litomeric m.31 Aug 1913 d.1 Jun 1955-Tel Aviv)
+-3. Marianna HELLER-5 (b.8 Jul 1916-Trutnov)
------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to find Marianna and learn of any sibling of Kamilla

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 4:47AM GMT
My great grandfather was Ignatz (also known as Israel and Hynek) Stein. (b.1839, d. 1929) He lived in Trebon, in Southern Bohemia. (Not far from Tabor) He was married to Aloisa (Ehrlich) Stein and they had 9 children. 7 emigrated to the US and two died in the holocaust. The Stein family lived in a series of towns between Tabor and Trebon from at least the early 1700s.

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 11:31AM GMT
Do you on that Stein family have the names
Ignac (Itzhak or Isaac) STEIN married to Johanna FRIED
with daughtere Kamila?

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 3:54PM GMT
Sorry but no. My ignatz Stein (b. 1839,d. 1929) who lived in Trebon (also known as Wittengau) was married to Aloisa Ehrlich (b. 1840, d. 1912)

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 7:03PM GMT
Thinking about the Steins. I know that in the generations prior to IGNATZ Stein (1839-1929)that the Steins lived in a series of villages between Tabor and Trebon. I think it is likely that we have some common ancestors. I wonder if you have DNA on your Stein lineage? My DNA was a bit "odd" haplogroup R1b,M343 (sub clade R1b1c, V88) suggesting that my ancestors were converts to Judiasm rather than migrates from the Middle East.

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 4:51AM GMT
Sadly, no. I cannot help in that direction in any way.
Do you know any other STEIN/Tabor researchers I could contact? I need someone to recognize the specific family group which I have listed. Maybe off this Ancestry message board?

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 5:01PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2012 5:06PM GMT
In the surroundings of the village Skopytce are three nearest Jewish cemeteries. One is in Myslkovice, then Tučapy and near Radenín. In Myslkovice (which you can see on the web site www.chewra.com, thanks to Mr. Jaroslav Achab Haidler) are preserved two graves side by side with the name of the family Stein. It means nothing, but maybe it will help ... Photo is attached. Greetings.

Tomb 195-00160 death May 16, 1897, Joseph Stein, granite stone with the inscription: Hier ruht Herr Josef Stein gest.am 16th Mai 1897 Friede Seiner Asche.

Tomb 195-00161 death July 28, 1888, Julie (Jochebed) Stein, Joseph Stein's wife, born 1821, a granite stone with the inscription: Hier ruht in G-tt Frau Julie Stein gest.in 67 Lebensjahre am 28th Juli 1888 Friede Ihrer Asche.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions