Search for content in message boards

Cambridgeboro, VT - Cambridge, WI - Connection?

Cambridgeboro, VT - Cambridge, WI - Connection?

Posted: 25 Apr 2007 2:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swinn Blaisdell
I am looking for any information on a painter, W SWINN from London, Wis. I am guessing the painting I have was done between 1888 - 1935.

The painting is of a covered bridge near Cambridgeboro, VT. I note that London, Wis is very near CAMBRIDGE, WIS. I am wondering if there is any connection between Cambridge, VT and Cambridge, WI.

Re: Cambridgeboro, VT - Cambridge, WI - Connection?

Posted: 20 Jul 2008 8:38PM GMT
Surnames: Blaisdell: Cambridge Vt.
It is interesting to know that many times in early history, as the population of Lamoille County migrated west, and settled in unchartered territory, they would name their new settlement after the one they left. An example of this is in the name Lamoille ( our county). A family by the name of Little settled in the back lands of Missouri,near stream, so named it Lamoille,Missouri. The township still exists today, with a population of only a few hundred people. Also a man named Waterman moved to Nevada, and names a town Lamoille. I don't see mention of the artist you are referring to as being in Cambridge, but there were Blaisdell's there: Daniel, Jonathan,Laura, Lawrence,Leon,Lowell, Mary, Monro, and Ralph.Some of these are listed in Cambridge, but said to have been from Fletcher- a bordering town.

Re: Cambridgeboro, VT - Cambridge, WI - Connection?

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 1:45PM GMT
I am searching for an artist A SWINN. dated 1935
A few years back I purchased two oval shaped paintings done in oil of a stag alongside a river, looks like a scottish setting.

A Google search produced your enquiry of another artist
SWINN, coincidenceofof name or related ??

If we are on the same path I will forward pictures by email.

George
PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions