Search for content in message boards

richard hodge(junior)

richard hodge(junior)

Posted: 15 Jul 2000 12:18PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jul 2002 12:26AM GMT
does anyone know amything about the hodge family in warsaw, new york? i have been hoping for some results but nothing yet. richard was the son of richard emmett hodge that passed in 1975 in perry, ny. county of wyoming. the late richard was the son of andrew and henreitta hodge, junior was supposed to have been left in idaho. he is about 61 -64 years old. please can anyone help me???

Re: richard hodge(junior)

caroleporath (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2001 3:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello
Hope this will help you. If it sonds as though I am taking it from a book I am writing down as it says in the book. The book was written by Andrew Young and is titled History of Warsaw. This book was published in 1869 and has some portriates of some of the towns people. If you want me to see if there is any Pictures of the Hodges
Ichabod Hodge was born in Connecticut, Oct. 1, 1786. He married Welthy Martin, who was born Nov. 20, 1784. They removed to this town in 1831. He was for several years employed in the grist-mill in this village, of which he subquently became for a time joint owner. He was a member of the Baptist church, and had held the office of Deacon before he removed to this place. Mrs. Hodge died June 6, 1847. Dea. Hodge died Oct. 18, 1857. They had six children.
1. Martin, born Oct. 4, 1809, married Orpha Plant. They had nine children: Ellen M, Edwin, Harriet, Arabel, Orpha, Marcus M., Caroline, Perry, and Alice. They reside in Pike.
2. Sylvinia, born April 16, 1812, Married Hiram E. Adams, being his second wife, and died Aug. 4, 1845. They had 2 children.
3. Perry married Sarah Yates. They now reside at Seneca Falls. They had 8 children: three are living: Alida S., Martin, and George.
4. Israel, born Jan. 16, 1817, married Sally Morris, of this town. He was for several years in partnership with his brother Perry, in Hardware business in Springville, and in this village. He was elected a Justice of the Peace in this town, in 1845, and reelected in 1849. He died Aug. 7, 1852. His wife died April 21, 1853. They had 3 children; 1. Solomon, who married Josephine Smith and is now a merchant in Chicago. 2. Albert L., who resides in Iowa. 3. Edith, who married Frank Mitchell, of Brodhead, Wisc.
5. Maryette, born April 4, 1822, married Hiram E. Adams, being his first wife and died 1845. They had 2 children.
6. Eliza Ann, born April 16, 1824, resides in Warsaw.

Dawn

Marcus Hodge-son of Martin

Posted: 23 Feb 2002 3:34PM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2002 9:20PM GMT
Dawn, I have been looking for the father of my Marcus L. Hodge who resided in Wayne Co. WV. He was born about 1825. Possibly his mothers name was Mary. I wondered if you had any other information about the Marcus s/o Martin in this message. Did he marry a "Mary"? Was he a carpenter (as my Marcus was)? My Marcus had a brother Harvey. My Marcus has children Sarillda, Emma, Noah (my line), Harvey, Marcus Jr., Dingus, Katiebelle and Elizavellen. Any help appreciated. His parentage is my family brick wall.

Thanks, Tammy

Re: Marcus Hodge-son of Martin

dawn Pataska (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2002 1:35PM GMT
Hello Tammy

Sorry I have no further information than what I wrote in the previous message. i just bought the book at a flea market and every so often look for Names pertaining to the book and give the information I rechecked the book and there is no further information on the Hodges than what is written and no pictures. Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Dawn

Posted: 1 Jan 2011 3:28AM GMT
HI NOAH HODGE WAS MY G-GRANDFATHER.AND MARCUS WAS MY GG-GRANDFATHER. MARCUS MARRIED ELIZABETH FRASHER.MARCUS' CHILDREN WERE THE ONES YOU NAMED. I'VE HAD A REALLY HARD TIME FINDING OUT ANY INFOR. ON MARCUS.BUT, I THINK HE DIED BEFORE 1900 IN KY.

Posted: 1 Jan 2011 4:04AM GMT
HI NOAH HODGE WAS MY G-GRANDFATHER.AND MARCUS WAS MY GG-GRANDFATHER. MARCUS MARRIED ELIZABETH FRASHER.MARCUS' CHILDREN WERE THE ONES YOU NAMED. I'VE HAD A REALLY HARD TIME FINDING OUT ANY INFOR. ON MARCUS.BUT, I THINK HE DIED BEFORE 1900 IN KY.I HAVEN'T FOUND ANY THING ON HIS PARENTS.

Posted: 3 Oct 2012 12:40AM GMT
Surnames: Hodge, Hodges
Brenda Francis - I have not been on ancestry for quite some time and just saw your post so I hope you see this. We are related. I am the granddaughter of Luther Hodge and daughter of Stanley. Who is your grandfather? I had my dad's DNA tested and joined the Hodge DNA project. Our line was in there so now I know that we go back to Welcom William Hodges. (We are not Marcus son of Martin) ha ha Please reply so we can connect. I live in Ohio. I have been having computer problems and am unable to access e-mail at the moment.

Posted: 6 Oct 2012 2:18AM GMT
Hello,Yes we are related.My Grandmother was Leona Hodge(Conley).Her father was Noah Hodge.Luther was her brother.That would make Luther my Uncle.I have no idea where the name Martin came from.We are from the same line. Leona married Caney Conley.I live in Hilliard, Ohio. What part of Ohio do you live in? You can E-Mail me directly at bfrancis1957@hotmail.com. Take Care, Brenda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic