Search for content in message boards

Hoffman[s] Funeral Home in Denver

Hoffman[s] Funeral Home in Denver

Posted: 20 Aug 2009 5:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hoffman[s]
Can someone tell me when Hoffman[s] Funeral Home in Denver CO went out of business and what might have happened to their records. I am interested in services performed in 1936. Thanks

Re: Hoffman[s] Funeral Home in Denver

Posted: 20 Aug 2009 11:25PM GMT
Locating those records might cause head aches. But, why not contact the larger cemeteries in the Denver area and see if they have the information you seek? Look on the Denver Library's web site, Western history section for those cemetery's. Some are good on the phone, others not. But usually you get a response from written contact at sometime.
Good Hunting,
Frank

Posted: 27 Aug 2009 6:39PM GMT
Thank you. The large cemetery where my relative is buried could not help. Will keep looking...

Posted: 28 Aug 2009 2:58PM GMT
a history posted on funeral director's assn webpage states:
"1906-65, Hofmann Mortuary, 601 Broadway, owned, founded and built by Caspar Hofmann (1878-1957) and wife Mary (1879-1938).
1937-57, son joined business, Caspar Hofmann III (1911-1978)
1906, founded on Market St. 1915 moved to 3rd & Broadway. 1921 new building at 601 Broadway.
1957, W. Sidney Phelps, President CFDA
1957, Casper Hofmann, renown breeder of Holstein cattle and pure bred Arabian horses.
1964, Building demolished and family built now the 2 office buildings on the site facing Broadway."

http://www.cofda.org/history/denver.htm

you may want to try contacting them
http://www.cofda.org

paul daraghy
parker, colorado
Volunteer for Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness; see www.raogk.org

Posted: 5 Sep 2009 12:13AM GMT
Thank you so much!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions