Search for content in message boards

St. Mary's County Families

St. Mary's County Families

Posted: 9 Mar 2009 2:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Varies Families
Hello,

I am looking to get in contact with researchers who are working on their St. Mary's county families. I am putting together a very extensive family history on over 700 families within the Southern Maryland area and who like to share and compare information.

Some of the families I am related to and researching are:
Buckler
Coad
Morgan
Williams
Thompson
Johnson
Quade
McKay
Mattingly
and many others.

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks, Wanda

Re: St. Mary's County Families

Posted: 10 Mar 2009 11:45AM GMT
Surnames: Herbert, Cottingham, Wilson, Johnson, Owens, Bryant, Harission
Hi, I am working on my Herbert Line from St. Mary's.
I don't know if that is a name on your list of not.
Good luck with your hunt!
Terri

Posted: 11 Mar 2009 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: Fowlers, Thompson, Mattingly
I have information on Fowlers, a few Thompsons, and Mattinglys that married Fowlers.

Posted: 11 Mar 2009 10:08AM GMT
I have long sought further information on my Cottingham family of South Carolina, then Alabama, then Texas. Unfortunately, the earliest identified ancestor is Jasper Pete Cottingham, b. 1856 AL, parents from SC.

Posted: 11 Mar 2009 12:22PM GMT
I am working on
Moseley/Mosley
Redman
Sisson

Posted: 12 Mar 2009 10:47AM GMT
Surnames: Herbert, Cottingham, Owens, Harrison, Wilson, Bryant, Pestridge..
Have you looked in VA for your Redman as well? I find a lot that are there. I know my family moved from St Mary's to Westmoreland and King George, I see the Redman name there as well as Loudoun Co. VA. Just a lead..

Tlr

Posted: 12 Mar 2009 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: Herbert, Owens and Johnson
Hi Terri,

Thanks so much for your response. I would definitely like to discuss the Herbert, Johnson and Owens families with you as I too am working on them as well and I been able to gather some info on them. Hopefully we can find a connection somewhere and compare notes.

Please feel free to email me directly at cbs196395@yahoo.com to break down these families further.

I look forward to hearing from you further. Thanks, Wanda

Posted: 12 Mar 2009 1:27PM GMT
Surnames: Fowler, Thompson, Mattingly
Hello,

Thank you for your response. I would definitely like to discuss further the Fowler, Thompson and Mattingly familes with you. I have a pretty extensive family history I've put together and have many connections to many families of the Southern Maryland area. I hope we can find areas where we have mutual family lines. Please email me at cbs196395@yahoo.com so that we can break down these families further.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Wanda

Posted: 12 Mar 2009 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: Redman, Sisson
Hello,

Thanks for your response. I've run across a few Redman and Sisson along the way, please email me at cbs196395@yahoo.com and we can see if their might be any connections. Thanks again, Wanda

Posted: 12 Mar 2009 2:15PM GMT
Surnames: Herbert, Cottingham, Wilson, Pestridge, Johnson, Owens, Harrison..
Hi Wanda,

Who are you looking for in the Herbert and the Owens lines ...my Johnson's are part of my Cottingham family line via: Sally Wilson, the Johnson's are though her family..I think it is her mom...but I would have to look though my notes. I have limited info on them right now as I have at least 40 family names that I am working on and with each grandmother's name I find, it means more names to follow!

My Herbert's are out of Joseph Herbert born in Md. He liven in St Mary's Md, and then in Westmoreland. He was married to Anna M from VA. ?, so have her as Annabelle, but that is due to a mis-spelling of her name. She is said to me of Native American heritage.

Now my Owens are from King George & Westmoreland Co, area in VA. They are from the Owens- Bryant line.

Ok, now it is your turn.....

Have a great day,
Terri
tlr@carasan.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions