Search for content in message boards

FELIX HUSTON

FELIX HUSTON

Posted: 7 Sep 2003 9:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Mar 2004 2:26AM GMT
Surnames: CUMMINGS, DUNN, HUSTON
SEEKING BIRTH DATE AND PLACE FOR FELIX HUSTON---PROBABLY BORN IN KENTUCKY. WELL KNOW IN TEXAS FOR A FAMOUS DUEL IN WHICH HE PARTICIPATED. ALSO NEED TO KNOW THE NAMES OF HIS CHILDREN. DOES ANYONE HAVE A JANE HUSTON FROM KENTUCKY IN THEIR LINE?

Re: FELIX HUSTON

Posted: 10 May 2004 1:16PM GMT
Surnames: Huston
I am searching for my great grandfather's family. His name was Maxwell Huston. He was born in Kentucky around the late 1700's. I am trying to find his father and family before him. Maybe our searches intertwine. Max had eleven children.
Have you since learned anything new?
Susan

Posted: 27 May 2004 3:52AM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2006 3:21AM GMT
I have also looked at the Felix Huston line. He was born in Kentucky and that his mother was of the ALLEN family. He and his brother got into some trouble and went to Lousiana and Mississippi. He then went to Texas during the War and wanted to attack Mexico, but Sam Houston wouldn't let him. He was later shot in a duel. He was married and had children, but I haven't gotten any names as yet. There was a Quartermaster under Sam Houston as well named Almanzo Huston. I am looking for my Great Grandfather's parents. He is James Alexander Huston born 10-1-1867 in Texas said to be around Gainesville, TX. I hope this helps.

Posted: 29 Jun 2004 8:26PM GMT
Surnames: Col. Almanzon
Hello all, I am entering into this conversation at this time. I see that the name Almazo was mentioned. It is Almanzon Huston. Col. Almanzon was my gr-gr-grandfather. He served with Gen. Sam at the same time Felix did. Yet, so far, I have not been able to find where Felix connects to our line. Also, I have the copy of a letter written by one of Col. Almanzon's daughters to Gen. Sam. In the letter she mentions that, "even though you are not my uncle." Almanzon and Sam called each other 'cousin.' But, according to this letter written to Sam by Priscilla, there was no 'real' relation. However, the HOUSTON roots and the HUSTON roots are both in County Antrim, Ireland. So, I suspect there is a connection, but it was a long time in the past.

If you want to know more about Felix, you may find information on the Texas On-Line web site.....Marge

Posted: 30 Jun 2004 12:43AM GMT
I have found some information on Felix Huston born in Kentucky and related to the Allen Family by his mother. Got in trouble by dueling and he and his brother left for Mississippi and then to Louisiana and Texas. Felix was a general under Sam Houston, Sam wouldn't let him envade Mexico,which made Felix angry. Sam fired and rehired him at least once maybe twice. Felix was killed in a duel. He was married and had children. I would like to know his childrens names to link to my great grandfather James Alexander Huston b. 1867 in Gainesville, Texas, his father was Charles Huston and mother Ellen. It maybe Almanson Huston as well.

Posted: 14 Sep 2004 8:17AM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2005 7:20PM GMT
Surnames: Huston / Allen
Felix Huston was a son of Joseph and Margaret [Allen] Huston ... from Breckinridge Co, KY. Margaret was a dau of James and Mary [Kelsey] Allen. Felix had bro, Eli, and sister, Eliza. His wife was named Mary E. Dangerfield and they had 2 "known" children: Eli Felix and Eliza. Eliza m. Mr. Purelets and had dau: Mary who m. Mr. Cunningham.
Felix [and bro, Eli] both died in Natchez, MS

Posted: 15 Sep 2004 2:12AM GMT
Did Eli Felix have any sons named Charles?

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions