Search for content in message boards

Long Family in North Carolina

Long Family in North Carolina

Nikki Hartman (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2002 1:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tuttle, Whitt, Sexton, Everhart, Hartman, Cameron, Long, and Sink
I am searching for any of the Long family that settled in or around Rowan/Davidson/Forsyth/Stokes counties North Carolina. Specifically information on John "Samuel" Long (b. 1849, d. 1923) or his parents. I know that his father was a minister that started Hebron Church. John Samuel Long was the father of Frank Eugene Long (my great-grandfather).

If you have any information that might be useful, please let me know. Thank you for all your help.

Nikki

Re: Long Family in North Carolina

Posted: 1 Oct 2002 1:33AM GMT
Hi Nikki, I don't know if you have found an answer to your questions about the Long family that settled in this area in the 1700's, or not. If you have not email me and I have a book which is a great source of information about the Long family and I will research the family member you are searching for. I have just found this site or I would have responded at an earlier time. Just let me know if I can help you. Shirley

Posted: 1 Oct 2002 1:44AM GMT
Hi Shirley,

Unfortunately I have not found more information on the Long side of my family as of yet. My grandmother is searching for the family bible but has not found it yet. I am searching for the parents of John "Samuel" Long. His father helped start Hebron United Church. Thanks for any help you can provide. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Nikki

Posted: 1 Oct 2002 4:02AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2006 9:46PM GMT
Shirley.

I would be interested in knowing the title of the Long book that you refer to in the previous message to Nikki. I am also descended from Long's of NC.
Thanks
Margaret Long Mabrey

Shirley Choplin (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2002 1:39PM GMT
Hi Nikki, There is a John S Long listed in the book on page 130, the following information is there: Jane Long was July 8, 1851 and died Nov. 14, 1940. On Jan 11, 1876 she married John S Long who was born Nov 23, 1851 and died Feb 9, 1941. Both are buried at Center Meth Church. John S Long was the son of Isaac Long he married Rosanna Steelman. Is the John S Long and family you are searching for if so I can give more information??? Get back in touch. If not, there is a possibility of a difference in the way the name is listed. Give me all the information you have and I will search the book for you. Shirley

Shirley (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2002 1:44PM GMT
There is also a Sam Long listed...Shirley

Posted: 27 Oct 2002 12:49AM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2003 2:44PM GMT
Surnames: Long, Wesson
Shirley does your book list a James Long born in 1791.

kathy moulthrop (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2002 4:24AM GMT
I'm told my Long family originated in North Carolina, but I have no proof.
Here's what information I have:
William Long, born 1794 in North Carolina
married
Mary _____ born 1802 in North Carolina

Their children:
George - born 1823
Isaac - born 1 July 1827 in Ross Co. Ohio
William - born 1833
Mary - born 1836

Isaac Long (died 1892, Long Ranch, Sonoma Co., California)
married on 23 Aug 1849
Sarah Frances Beech (born 7 Feb. 1833 Marion Co., Ohio)

Their children:
John Snoddy Beach - born 7 April 1852 Cass Co., Missouri
William H. - born 12 Feb. 1854
George W. - born 27 Jan 1860 Sonoma Co., California
Mary Alice - born 7 Oct. 1868

John is my great grandfather.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Kathy

Posted: 4 Nov 2004 5:04AM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2006 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: Longs
My great grandfather was John A. Long and his wife was Elizabeth M. Long. He was b.1826, Thomasville, Davidson Co.
His wife was b. 1845. He had a second wife, Sarah J. Long b.1831. She and John A. had two children, Susan H. A. and Thomas W. A. M. These two children were twins and died the same year 1863 and were born 1860.I have more Longs and glad to share.

Posted: 4 Dec 2004 5:57AM GMT
Surnames: Longs
The last Long in my family is John A. Long and his wife Elizabeth M. They were born in Thomasville, Davidson Co. North Carolina. I also have names of children, birth and death dates. I am looking for John A. Long's father and family. If interested email me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic