Search for content in message boards

Irwins - Cloveneden/Loughgall

Irwins - Cloveneden/Loughgall

Posted: 9 Feb 2005 4:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for any information on the Irwins of Loughgall, County Armagh. My. ggg-grandfather was Edward Irwin. Edward was born on Sept. 29, 1795 in County Armagh. His parents were supposedly Edward and Ann and he may have had a brother named James. I have located an Edward Irwin on the Flax Growers lists in Loughgall in the township of Cloveneden. The time fram is correct for Edward's father. My ggg-grandfather Edward came to America in 1813-1815 and settled in Pennsylvania and the on to Ohio and Missouri. Does anyone have any information on the Irwins of Loughgall? Other surnames that may be connected are Alexander, Ashton, and Knox.

Re: Irwins - Cloveneden/Loughgall

Tammy (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2005 1:20PM GMT
Dear Jan,

I have a web site if you are interested in looking at.
If you are please response directly to my email address,
I had family from Fayette County,Penna.
also..
It would be better if you took a look at the site.
It might just make some kind of connection.
Thank You.
Tammy Irwin
fuall25@aol.com

Posted: 27 May 2006 10:19AM GMT
Hi Jan...

Sorry for the late response but I am VERY interested in sharing information with you about Irwins from Cloveneden in Loughgall... you see...

My Great-Great Grandmother, Sarah Jeanette Irwin, was born in Cloveneden in 1857. She had several sisters and two brothers... most of which left Ireland in the 1880s.

Her father and mother were George and Rachael (Thompson) Irwin. He was born in Cloveneden in 1832 and she was born in nearby Kinego.

George had two brothers (James and William John) and two sisters (Mary Anne & Alice). All were born in Cloveneden between 1826 and 1840. Their parents were John and Sarah (Lavery) Irwin... John was born around 1795 in Cloveneden. Sarah was born in Kinego, Co. Tyrone (nearby).

If you are interested I can give you more details. I only followed George and Rachael's line since that is where I am descended from.

Cloveneden was such a small place that I am sure our families are related.

Posted: 15 Sep 2008 12:49PM GMT
Not sure if you are interested but there are still lots of Irwins in that area. My dad was born there, one of 14 children. I know your message said that most moved to America but there is still a very strong family line in Ireland.

Posted: 15 Sep 2008 2:44PM GMT
Hello:

I only know of my ggg-grandfather - Edward Irwin - and possibly a brother named James that came to America. I have not yet made a definitive connection to the Irwins of Loughgall/Cloveneden. I was there 3 years ago but did not look up any Irwins while I was there as we only had a few hours in Loughgall. Does your dad have any family history going back to 1795? That is when my Edward Irwin was born. I did write several of the Irwin families that are still in Loughgall but did not get a reply from anyone. I would love to know what inforamtion you have on the Irwins.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions