Search for content in message boards

genealogy

genealogy

Posted: 23 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jul 2003 3:41AM GMT
Surnames: Coakley, Crowley, Hurley, Buttemier

Looking for information of these families from Cork.
Posted: 14 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2002 2:05AM GMT
Ruins of Crowley Castle on Buttimer farm outside Dunmanway. The farm is currently for sale. Any connection with your families?

Crowley

Muriel Brady Bowes (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CROWLEY
I am descended from John Crowley and Ellen Seaberry from Ahiohill (Desertserges) County Cork. I know that Ellen immigrated to New York City. Her daughter Catherine married James Michael Murphy of Boston, Mass.
If you have any interest in these names, please get in touch. I have lots of information about descendents.

Muriel Brady Bowes, Northern California

CROWLEY FROM CORK

Posted: 21 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2005 2:08PM GMT
Surnames: CROWLEY, DOWNES, MURPHY, CORMICK
Trying to find out where or where in Cork are my Crowley's from. Maurice Charles CROWLEY, b ca 1842; parents were Charles and Ellen DOWNES. Maurice immigrated to the U.S. in 1859 and married (second time) Ellen MURPHY, b ca 1849 Ireland, in 1868, NYC. Her parents were William and Bridget CORMICK.

Maurice and Ellen relocated to the Hoboken, NJ area of Hudson County and raised a family of 9 children.

Any and all information gratefully welcomed.

Crowleys of Cork

Dan Murphy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Murphy, Dempsey, Ahern, O'Connell
My father's first cousin's mother was a Crowley from Cork City. If you go to St Finbarrs Cemetery near the Wilton Shopping Center, there are Crowley's all over the place! There are many Crowleys around the southside of Cork City.

Crowley

Terrence Crowley (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Crowley, Coakley
I am also looking for possible ancestors. My grandfather was Thomas Crowley and grandmother was Ellen Coakley. I don't have any other info except that he had a brother named Pat and also were related to Kessler's(sp?).My parents are deceased so I have no way to get any other info.My father, Thomas Michael Crowley , was born in the US
Dec 12, 1908. Are we related??
Posted: 4 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2002 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: CROWLEY
We are not related. My grt-grandfather Denis CROWLEY came to Usa in 1870. He was 18 yrs old and an only child. Sorry I can't help you. I am the Tanaiste (Deputy Leader)of the CROWLEY Clan. Contact me if you wish more info on the Clan newsletter, web page, etc. Slan.

Crowley's of Cork

Mary Murphy Ey (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Murphy, Crowley
I am a descendent of Julia Crowley from the Bantry area, married to William Murphy. My father, also William Murphy, was baptized in a church in Bantry (I believe the church was called Finbarr's). Do any of these names mean anything to you. I am looking for information about his family -- my father came to the U.S. on a ship named cymeric or leymric which arrived in Boston, MA on or about the 3rd day of October 1913.

Crowley's of Cork

Mary Murphy Ey (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Murphy, Crowley
PREVIOUS MESSAGE HAD WRONG E-MAIL ADDRESS. I am a descendent of Julia Crowley from the Bantry Cork area, married to William Murphy. My father, William Joseph Murphy was born on December 1, 1885 and was baptized in a church in Bantry (I believe the church was St. Finbarr's) on December 2, 1885. I am looking for information about his family, especially if he had brothers/sisters. My father came to the U.S. on a ship named cymeric or leymric which arrived in Boston, MA on or about the 3rd day of October 1913. I would appreciate any help you can give.

crowley coakley

rose allen (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
There is a record of Ellen Coakley born 22-1-1843in Inchigeela Co.Cork to Jermiah Coakley and Hannah Kelleher
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions