Search for content in message boards

Bonaventure, Bueche, David & Olinde of Point Coupee

Bonaventure, Bueche, David & Olinde of Point Coupee

Posted: 2 Aug 2001 2:53PM GMT
Edited: 31 Mar 2002 1:23AM GMT
Surnames: Bonaventure,Olinde, Bueche, David, Toney
Need Help. I am looking for info on ancestors & descendents of Albert Bueche b. 11/1850, married Marie Aureline Bonaventure, in Point Coupee, she a d/o Valentine Bonaventure & Constance Olinde. Albert may be a son of Joseph Bueche & Marie David. Does anyone have any info on a Bueche female b.1883-1888 who married a Toney and lived in Point Coupee. Thanks. Shirley

Re: Bonaventure, Bueche, David & Olinde of Point Coupee

Dolly (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2001 11:53PM GMT
Surnames: Gibson/McKenna/1803>
Hi!
I found a Joseph Winyfield Bueche son of Albert Bueche and Ameline Bonaventure born 7 March 1885 baptised May 10, 1885 sponsors were: Gerald Gremillon and Mrs. Evelina Lebeau. (IMCL -, 11a)

IMCL is Immaculate Conception, Lakeland est. 1857.

Was unable to find a Bueche girl that married a Toney during the period of 1880 - 1888 at least not in the Catholic Church.

Posted: 10 Aug 2001 11:49PM GMT
Thanks for the info on the son of Albert. I speciffically need help connecting Loepold Bueche m. Marie Labove to Jean Baptiste Bueshe and Celina Bueche. I believe these are Leopold's parents. Any info on this line will be helpful. Albert is a brother of a Jean Baptiste but other then that I have not made a connection
thanks

Posted: 10 Aug 2001 11:53PM GMT
I believe Marie Nadege Bueche and George Wiley Toney had a civil marriage in Point Coupee Parish. If anyone has anyone have easy access to these records I would greatly appreciate the help.

Dolly (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2001 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: Gibson/McKenna
Shirley, I think I found what you need.
Leopold, parents Jean Baptiste Bueche and Celina David born 8 Aug. 1849 bt. 24 Feb 1850 sponsors Pierre Bueche and Amelia David (PCP-10, 133) DBR vol. 7, pg. 104.

Jean Baptiste and Celina David had a son named Jean Baptiste born 5 Feb 1848 bt. 14 May 1848 sponsors Jean Baptiste Prospere and Clara David (PCP -10, 89) DBR vol. 7, pg. 104. This Jean Baptiste really had me puzzled I thought he was fathering children for 30 years until I found that birth record.

I have plenty of information on the Bueches so don't hesitate if you need any more.

Posted: 12 Aug 2001 12:42AM GMT
Thanks alot Dolly, That is exactly what I needed.
Do you by chance know who Celina David's parents were. Celina's death certificate gave mother as Aspasie David. Was Was her maiden name something different? Or, was this the case of a David marrying a David, which was not unusual back then.
Is this Jean Baptiste, husband of Celina, the son of Eustache Bueche and and Clemence Gueho? This is the info I need to make my Bueche connection certain.

Dolly (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2001 2:12PM GMT
Surnames: Gibson/McKenna
Shirley,
This is what I found. Nothing more in Vols. 1,2,3 but in Vol. 4 I found:
1. Eustache Bueche married Clemence Gueho 9 Apr. 1822 (Vol 4, pg 108).

2. Eustache Bueche ( Eustache and Constance David) civil marriage, born 1 Sept. 1837 bt. 15 Oct. 1838 sponsors were: Jean Baptiste Prospere and Clara Bueche, his sister (PCP - 4, 203) DBR Vol. 5, pg 126.

3. Eustache Bueche, age about 50 yrs., buried 14 Nov. 1845 died yesterday (PCP - 11, 27) DBR Vol 5, pg 126.

4. Touissaint (Eustache Bueche and Constance David, civil marriage) bn 12 May 1841 bt. 24 June 1841 sponsors were: Olerien Bonaventure and Helene Guihot (PCP -4, pg 252) DBR vol 6, pg 129)

5. Eustache Bueche ( parents not given m. 25 Aug 1857 Eulalie Lejuene (parents not given) witnesses: Octave Chustz; Uranus Sicard; Jno A. Sicard (PCP - 8, 338) DBR vol. 8, pg. 119.

6. Pierre, age 23 yrs (Eustache Bueche and Clemence Gueot, both deceased) Husband of Perinne David buried 3 June 1856 (PCP - 11, 154) DBR vol 8, pg 119.

I still have some more books to look in and I'll send the info as soon as I find it. Also, I know these entries are not answering your questions but might steer you to new leads.

karen mcclure (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 1:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: David, Bueche, Robic
Hi

I believe you have the death certificate for the wrong Celine David. Yes Celine David's mother was Aspassie David and her father was Pierre Simon David but I believe THAT Celine David was married as late as 1858 to Gustave Robic/Roubique. Aspassie's daughter Celine married Robic in 1846 and their son Blanchard was born in 1858.

The Celine David that married Bueche was having children with him in 1854 at least.

Not sure who the Celine David is that did marry Bueche, but I am pretty sure it wasnt Aspassie's daughter.

What do you think?
karen

Dolly (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 2:32PM GMT
Karen, first of all, I'm only sending information and not trying to sort it out. My only interest in this family is that I have been helping Shirley Toney out. Many people have helped me find my family so I'm trying to pass the deed on. After reading your message I looked in the DBR( vol 9, pg 462) book which covers years 1858-1862 and found the following entry:

Francois Robic (Gustave Robic and Celonise David) bn. 25 April 1858 bt. omitted (May be intended) 1859 sponsor Henri Ernest Pascalin and Adeline Sicard (PCP-14,71)

This might be fact that you are basing your theory that they were married as late as 1858.

karen mcclure (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 3:35PM GMT
Surnames: David, Bueche, Robic
Hi Dolly and Shirley

Sorry, Dolly. I intended to reply Shirley's post about the certificate and I didnt know the system would notify everyone that previously posted to Shirley's original thread. I went to "help" to find out what I'd done wrong that sent you my reply, but that's the way it works. That's good though, I'd want to read all posts to any query I made.

Anyway I know you'll get this one, too, Dolly, although my reply was actually directed to Shirley about the certificate. I realize you were just trying to help her, as am I. Thanks for your input.

I'd still like to hear from Shirley as I believe there is some confusing entries about this Celine, there had to have been two Celine Davids. The Celine that married and subsequently divorced Gustave Robic baptized children between 1850 and 1858 and the Celine David that married Bueche baptized children between 1848 and 1870 at least.
Still a puzzle.
karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions