Search for content in message boards

Thomas T. Cooper/Elizabeth Rea

Thomas T. Cooper/Elizabeth Rea

Posted: 26 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jan 2002 1:33PM GMT
Surnames: Cooper, Rea, Perry
In the will of James Rea, Sr. probated Apr. 27, 1789 in Henry Co., Va., he mentions his daughter, Elizabeth Cooper. He also mentions Thomas T. Cooper. I believe this Thomas T. Cooper and wife, Elizabeth migrated to Pendleton District, SC. The following is an abstract of the will of Thomas Cooper:
WILL OF THOMAS COOPER
Wife Elizabeth to have estate her lifetime then divided among my three children: John Cooper, James Cooper and Johannah Perry. To William Rea, the son of my wife, Elizabeth, after her death a feather bed and furniture. Executors: John and James. Dated 2 April, 1821.
Wit.: John Edmondson (signed) Thomas (x) Cooper

William Singleton
Proven 2 July 1821.

Found the above abstract in the Pendleton District, SC.

Thomas T. Cooper was left 40 Acres by his father-in-law James Rea, Sr. upon his death in Henry Couty, Virginia.

Anyone have a connection to this family?

Rea Surname

Posted: 28 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2002 6:02PM GMT
Surnames: REA, BOULDIN, MERRIMAN, THOMASSON, EDWARDS
My great great grandmother was Mildred Rea who married Frederick H. Bouldin in Henry County, Virginia. I would be interested in corresponding with you about the REA lineage.
Thank you. BARBARA JARRETT HORNE in Graham, NC
If interested in corresponding, contact me at BarbaraAMI@aol.com

Re: Thomas T. Cooper/Elizabeth Rea

Posted: 11 May 2006 1:06AM GMT
Please tell me what you have on the Elizabeth Rea family. I am descendant from her son, William Houston Rea.
Laurie Ray Konrad

Posted: 13 May 2006 12:00AM GMT
Hi -

This is not my line but I thought I would pass on the following which may be of interest, as it qualifies as rendering service during the Revolutionary War.

Thomas T. Cooper, husband of Elizabeth Rea (Dau. of James Rea Sr.), gave service during the Revolution.

Reference COMPLETE INDEX AND ABSTRACT OF THE HENRY COUNTY ORDER BOOKS #1 AND #2 (1777-1782), Compiled by Charles P. Blunt, IV, page 66, Court Date 27 May 1779: David Lanier is appointed to furnish Elizabeth Cooper, wife of Thomas Cooper who is in the Continental Service, with forty pounds worth of provisions.

Also of interest: page 56, Court Date 15 Feb. 1779: Betsey Williams, orphan of John Williams, deceased, came into Court and made choice of Thomas Cooper as her guardian. William Brown was his security.

Ibid., (Revolutionary War Public Service) page 170, 1 March 1782. Court was held for adjusting claims for property impressed or taken for Public Service: Thomas Cooper produced a certificate for 700 pounds of beef.

Best wishes and good luck -

Bruce

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 11:01PM GMT
Thank you for the information. I am a descendant of William C. Rea, son of James Rea Sr.

Re: William C Rea descendants

Posted: 15 Jun 2013 7:26PM GMT
Surnames: Rea
wdreamtrees1 --

Which child of William C Rea are you descended?

The most often named of his children are Wilson, Abner and Jane Rea [m. John Overturf]. Sometimes John and Hannah are also named as children as is an Elizabeth Rea [m. Jesse Alexander], but I am doubtful of the latter.

William C Rea had at least 3 more sons in addition to Wilson & Abner and I am especially interested in finding any descendants of these other sons.

Since this is afield from the original thread you can reply directly to me if you like
-- Roger Ray [ dzupina@yahoo.com ]
per page

Find a board about a specific topic