Search for content in message boards

James Henry Boyett

James Henry Boyett

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 9:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boyett
It has been some time since I have been able to do any research concerning my family. I am still unable to find anything concerning James Henry Boyett of Sumter County/Pasco County Florida. My search seems to stop with him and there is where I hit my road block. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your cooperation and help!

Cyndi Jarman Akins
kakins@carolina.rr.com

Re: James Henry Boyett

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 10:47PM GMT
Surnames: Boyett Currie
Cynda,

Is this the person you are researching?

James Henry BOYETT b. 5 Feb 1841 GA d. 1885-1900 in Sumter or Hernando Co FL
m. Frances CURRIE

David

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 12:23AM GMT
Yes sir...this is the gentleman. My husbands family are descended from his second marriage to Mary Baty Churchill. The big question is basically who is parents were and what happened to him. We believe that he was sent to Chatahoochee State Hospital but have no proof or know the reason he was sent. Any information you may have would be appreciated more than you know! Thank you so much for your kindness in responding!

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 3:11AM GMT
Surnames: Boyett
Many researchers have attempted to connect Reason Boyett, but this has not been proven. The Boyett DNA Surname Project is attempting to locate a male Boyett from the line of James Henry Boyett for YDNA testing.

More information on Reason Boyett: (Click on Reason Boyett)
http://www.pbase.com/daveb/obmr

Raision / Reason BOYETT b. cal 1815 SC: parents unknown.
He m. Elizabeth (b. cal 1815 SC). They resided in 8th District of Randolph Co., GA in Sep 1850. Children: John b. 1832 in SC, Joseph b. 1836, George Ann. b. 1838,
James H. b. 1840, Mary b. 1842, Ann E. b. 1844, Sarah b. 1848, and Eveline b. 1849. All but the oldest child were born in GA.

David

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 10:10AM GMT
Dave,

Thanks so much for your kindness. Sounds like James Henry was a mystery to more than just me...but what you have shared with me helps so much. Now to find out just what happened to him will be my next project! Thanks again for your guidance and assistance....it is appreciated more than you will ever know!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic