Search for content in message boards

Sherwood Ransom Davis

Sherwood Ransom Davis

Posted: 13 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 5:32PM GMT
Surnames: DAVIS, LANE, MILLER, PARIS, HOLLOWELL, DUNN, KIMSEY, HARVEY, JONES, BERRY, REDWINE
Sherwood Ransom Davis (b ca 1809 Oglethorpe Co GA, d. 1889 Yalobusha Co MS) md. Julia Ann Lane (1812-1888) in Fayette Co AL. (Julia was d/o Simeon and Judith Humphries Lane). Sherwood and Julia came to Yalobusha Co MS in the mid to late 1840's with several of Sherwood's siblings. Sherwood was son of Sherwood and Laurany Campbell Watkins Davis, who came to Yalobusha Co. ca 1851.

Sherwood and Julia Davis' children: Mary Ann (md. Lewis Hobbs Redwine); Martha (md. W. H. Hollowell); John (md. Helene Theresa Paris); Charles Franklin (md. Temperance Miller); George (md. Harriet (?), d. in Civil War); Julia Ann; Judith L. (md. Thomas Dunn); Joseph Lane; Simon L. (md. Alice Rebecca Kimsey); Sherwood; Dora L. (md. John Berry); Susan Samantha (md. Carroll Harvey); Emma (Eleanor Amelia)md. Andrew Jackson Jones.

Sherwood and Julia are buried in Sand Hill Cemetery in Yalobusha Co. MS.

Davis Family

Tere Woolery (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Fisk
Can you tell me if you show a Wiley Davis in any of your Davis line? I found my grandfather Christopher Fisk in the 1900 Yalobusha County Census as a border listed with a Wiley Davis, Julia and Lucius.Thanks for any help.

Wiley Davis

Posted: 31 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 5:32PM GMT
Surnames: DAVIS
No. I'm sorry, but I don't recognize Wiley as being part of my family.

Mattie Idell Eubanks

Posted: 6 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Davis, Eubanks
Seeking info on Mattie Idell Eubanks who married Hugh Kerr Martin Water Valley MS. Daughter of David Eubanks and Edna Davis. Any info would be of greatly appreciated.

Re: Sherwood Ransom Davis

Posted: 15 Oct 2001 10:21PM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2004 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: COLE LANE HOLLAND CURTIS DAVIS BRIDGES MATHEWS LAMBERT LEWIS
Your Julia Ann Lane, dau of Simeon D. Lane and Judith Humphreys. I descend from their son James D. Lane m. Narcissa Holland. I have info on Lane line but none on Judith Humphries/Humpreys line. Do you have any to share?

Posted: 16 Oct 2001 12:19PM GMT
Hi, Randy,
Yes, I do have a little information on Judith Humphries Lane. I don't have a tremendous amount of data, but Simon and Judith Lane were mentioned in the will of her father, Uriah Humphries. Please e-mail me: mdkitch@yahoo.com. I'll be glad to share what I've got with you.

Posted: 16 Dec 2001 2:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Oct 2002 12:58PM GMT
Melissa,

Do you have in your data anyone named Permelia Isabelle Davis who married JC Hamblett around 1870? He is buried at the family homeplace in Airmount. I understand that after he died she married a Hurt. Any ideas?

Audrey

Posted: 16 Dec 2001 9:21PM GMT
Audrey,
I don't have any Permelia Isabelle Davis in my database. However, if she lived in the Airmount area, I would think she was related to the Seaborn Davis - Matilda Murphree Davis family. There should be family trees at Worldconnect, etc., as there are many descendants out there researching this line. I have a little information on this Davis line, just to keep the descendants separated from my Davis line (although I think there may a distant relationship, as both families at one time lived in the Fayette/Walker Co. AL area, and then moved to Yalobusha County). I know there is a family history in the Yalobusha County Family History Book. Good luck with your research. Melissa Kitchens

Re: Mattie Idell Eubanks

Shari (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2002 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: Eubanks, Davis, Hardy
Mattie was the sister to my grandfather Dave Walker Eubanks Jr. There paternal grandparents were George Eubanks and Martha Ann Hardy. I have not been able to find information on George Eubanks anywhere. He lived in Pickens and Tuscaloosa counties in Alabama, but died shortly after moving to Water Valley, MS. George is buried in Oak Hill Cemetery in Water Valley.Would like to share info on the Eubanks and Davis families.

Re: Mattie Idell Eubanks

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 11:20PM GMT
Shari,
I have Eubanks kin who had lived in Tuscaloosa and had
married Elizabeth Hardy about 1835-40.
She and John David Eubanks came to Yalobusha and
Panola area where she died . Do you have any info about
him?
Thanks,Jean
per page

Find a board about a specific topic