Search for content in message boards

Beilke in Marathon County

Beilke in Marathon County

Posted: 24 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 12:45AM GMT
Surnames: Beilke, Butt
Am looking for information on Henry Beilke, born in Berlin in 1860. Married Wilhelmina Butt in Stettin in 1884. They both died in 1938. Would like to know about parents or siblings.

Bielke/Butt

Edy Seehafer (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Seehafer, Frase, Buttke, Krueger, Linn, Koenig, Boerner, Hebestreit
Hello Karen. I was curious about the spelling of
Wilhelmine's last name "Butt", as there were 4 Buttke
brothers and a Buttke cousin in Stettin at the time.
Could Wilhelmine be one of their daughters? I checked
my notes on the 1870 census and there was no Wilhelmine
for Carl Theodor (born 1825), his brother Johann Christian
(born 1832 or 1835), or Frederick--also known as Ferdinand
(born 1820). That leaves the 4th brother William, and the cousin Carl Eduard who were not on the census as I recall. Anyway, I did not make notes on them. Let me know if you
find that Wilhelmine is related to these boys, as Carl
Theodor is my gggrandfather. Good luck. Edy

Beilke/Butt

Posted: 26 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 12:45AM GMT
Surnames: Beilke, Butt, Seehafer
Edy, thanks for the reply. According to information I have, Wilhelmina was born in Germany in 1866 and came to Berlin, WI as a young child. Maybe the family wasn't here yet in 1870. I'm not sure. After her marriage she spent her entire life in Stettin.
I'm also interested in the name Seehafer, as that is my grandmother's maiden name. Her father's name was August, born in Germany in 1841 and came to the same area of Wisconsin as a young man. He died in 1917. Is there any mention of him in your Seehafer tree?
Thanks, Karen

Re: Beilke/Butt

Audrey Stedman (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2001 7:30AM GMT
Surnames: Buttke, Seehafer
My great great grandmother was Justine Buttke 1851-1932, married to my great great grand father, William Seehafer 1838-1905. Both immigrated with their families in 1853, both were from Prussia. They married in Stettin, WI, had 8 children, Carl, Ferdinand, Mathilda, Amelia, Amanda, Augusta, Anna & Ida, all born in Wausau, WI. They moved to Rib Falls, WI., lived there for a time and then in 1900, moved to N.D. where they spent the rest of their years. Is there a link??

Karen Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2001 5:06PM GMT
Surnames: Seehafer
I'm not sure of a link at this time. I don't have much information on August Seehafer's siblings, but will keep you in mind if I run across anything. Where in North Dakota did William and Justine Seehafer settle? I'm also from ND.

Edy Seehafer (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2001 6:17AM GMT
Surnames: Seehafer, Buttke, Koenig, Hebestreit, Boerner, Fraas/Frase
I am the gg-grand-daughter of Carl Theodore Buttke, who accompanied his niece Justine Buttke (your Justine) and her family to America as a young man. William Seehafer did not come over to America at the same time as Justine (she was a very small child when she came over--per her diary). Most of the Seehafers came over in the next decade. I have not been able to fit William Seehafer into the mix yet. He may be a sibling of Christian & Simon Daniel John Seehafer, with a third likely brother, Johan August, and 4 other unnamed brothers and a sister. These would be children of Christian Seehafer & Euphrosin (Eva Rosine) Redmar/Redman.

Nicole Sann-Loomis (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2002 7:05PM GMT
Hello, I have alittle information here that might help you as well as the others that posted a reply to your message.

I have been working on the Beilke family history for almost 11 years and have gathered a lot of information so I would be happy to help you if I can.

I have found your Wilhelmina with both spellings. BUTT and BUTTKE. How ever I guess since as of this point I have just been gathering all the information on every Beilke I find in the courthouse I haven't really paid much attention to how all of them fit together yet due to the large number of people. My plan was to gather first and piece later. IF you would like I can see what I have exactly on your two people.

There are two other BUTTKE's listed as being married to two other BEILKE's. Their names were August Edward Beilke and Adeline Mathilda BUTTKE As well as Carl Beilke and Caroline BUTTKE.

If I can be of any help please feel free to contact me. NicoleLoomis75@msn.com

Re: Beilke in Marathon County

Dean (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2003 4:14PM GMT
The people you can't find on the Internet. Just thought I would do a search on "Beilke and Wisconsin" and next, I find my whole morning in front of the screen. Hope all is well

Dean & Sandy

Posted: 14 Oct 2010 5:47AM GMT
Surnames: Butt, Butte, Jordon, Buhlke, Beilke, Matzke, Arndt, Furer, Henk, Henke
I am searching for the siblings and parents of my great grandfather - Karll Friedrich Ludwig Butt who was b 18/Sep/1835 in Germany.

My grandfather - August Butt; a brother - Wilhelm Butt; a sister - Augusta Butt - and their parents - Karll/Carl Butt/Butte and Johanna Karoliene Jordon Butt departed from Stettin Germany on the ship Polynesia and arrived in New York April 27, 1891. I had a terrible time finding the record. Their last name was misspelled Bull - someone forgot to cross their "t's". This is the right aged people, in the right family group, at the right time. Source: Ancestry.com; New York Passenger Lists, 1820 - 1957; Microfilm serial - M237; Microfilm roll - M237-566. Line - 32; List # 549.

My grandfather always said they "landed in WI and then moved to (Western, Saline Co.) NE." Looking at the obit of Karll Butt they probably were in WI for about a year. I don't know where. The oldest son of Karll Butt was already in Western, NE so my guess is that there were relatives in WI - Karll's brothers, sisters?

Listed in the passenger list - right after the Butt family - is a family that I cannot make out the name. Then is a widow - Charlotte Jordon; then a Buhlke/Beilke family. My guess is that the widow Jordon was a sister-in-law to my g-grandmother - Karoliene Jordon Butt and probably the mother of one or both of the wives of the Buhlke and ? family. The Butt family was from the village of Dobberphul.

There are Buhlke families in NE but I have found nothing that puts them in Saline Co NE in the mid 1890's. There was a Friedrich Ferdinand Jordon b Feb 1870 in Germany m Mathilde Mary Matzke Dec 1892 in Green Co, WI. They later moved to Elgin, IL. Wilhelm Butt also moved to Elgin IL.

The names of the children of Karll Butt and Karoliene Jordon were: Johanna [Butt] Arndt - stayed in Germany; Franz Wilhelm Friedreck Butt; Ludwig Karl Butt; Ernestine Caroline Christine [Butt] Furer - stayed in Germany; Luise Wilhelmine Augusta Butt - died in Germany; Augusta Marie [Butt] Henk; August Herm Butt and Wilhelm Frederick Butt.

If anyone knows if/how this Butt family connects with Butt, Buhlke/Beilke or Jordon families living in WI during this time - please contact me. rkleve@yahoo.com

Re: Beilke in Marathon County

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 10:16PM GMT
groom's name: Heinrick Johann Earl Beilke

bride's name: Wilhelmine Louise Butt
marriage date: 27 Jun 1884 in Marathon County, Wisconsin

groom's father's name: Heinrick Beilke

groom's mother's name: Auguste Neumann

bride's father's name: Friderich Butt

1880 Census: Berlin, Marathon, Wisconsin
Father: Heinrich, Mother: Auguste
Children: Heinrich, age 19, Mathilde, age 17, William, age 15, Emilie, age 12, Otto, age 10

bride's mother's name: Auguste Kelm
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions