Search for content in message boards

Konkin research

Konkin research

Posted: 14 Oct 2001 1:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jan 2002 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: Konkin, Bludov, Rybin, Waselinkoff
I would appreciate any help with research pretaining to the following names. Konkin, Bludov, Rybin
George Konkin>William Konkin>John Konkin. I have very little background info to go on. John Konkin was born in Yorkon, Saskatchewan 1935. He has family buried in White Beech cemetary. William's wifes maiden name was Waselinkoff (the spelling could very likely be different).They lived in Kenville, Manitoba as well. I hope that someone recognizes these names and some of the info I did have.

Re: Konkin research

Kyla Eiffert (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2001 7:47PM GMT
Surnames: Bloodoff, Reibin
I have Bloodoffs and Reibins in my tree. How are they connected to you?

Posted: 21 Oct 2001 8:29PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2002 2:57PM GMT
Mary Konkin, my fathers aunt on his father side, was married to William Bludoff and the Riebans are cousins.I don't know much more than that. Until this past August my father hadn't been home for a number of years(at least 20).Are we related?

Deanna Konkin (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2002 5:56AM GMT
Hi!

I'm also working on a Konkin family tree. My family lived in the Blaine Lake-Marcelin area. My grandfather often talked about going to visit cousins in the Kamsack area. Are you related to the John Konkin who was a former mayor of Kamsack? If you are then you are related to me. Also, the Kamsack history book may be able to give you the information you are looking for.
Deanna

Posted: 21 Feb 2002 3:05AM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2004 3:00PM GMT
Sorry if I haven't gotten back to you before now sometimes life sends you on different track than you want. My father has cousins by these names.(Bludoffs and Rybens) I may have the spellings wrong. Are they related?

Posted: 31 Oct 2007 5:03PM GMT
I believe George Konkin was my grandfather. His wife was Ann (nee Mitten) and they lived north of Arran/Pelly and are buried at White Beech. Bill was my uncle and had several children - Molly Dubynyk (nee Konkin now lives in St. Albert, Alberta I believe), Mike (who resided in Kenville but has passed away) and Johnny who lives in Canmore, Alberta I believe. I believe John might be Bill's son. My aunt Mary was married to a George Rybin who also lived north of Aaran and then moved to Kenville. Both have passed away. I know they were related to Bill Bludov. There are still some Konkins and Rybins in Kenville, Manitoba. Also I believe there are still some Bludov's in Pelly, SK.

Posted: 31 Oct 2007 10:00PM GMT
I'd be interested in corresponding with you and exchanging information regarding the Konkins - I am also a descendant and have compiled quite abit of data about them. Please feel free to email me directly at: jon.kalmakoff@accesscomm.ca.

Posted: 2 Feb 2012 5:50AM GMT
Surnames: Konkin
My greatgrandfather Wasyl Konkin had a brother by the name of George Konkin from the Whitebeach area. Would be interested to know if this is the same family.

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 6:36PM GMT
George Konkin came from near the Whitebeech area. They lived north east of Pelly. The area was called Poplar Bluff which is between Arran and Pelly. His brother was a big farmer from Kamsack (I can't reall his name) but his son was a Vet in Kamsack.

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 6:39PM GMT
Just came across this. Haven't been at this site for quite awhile. My aunt Mary was married to George Rieben of Kenville.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions