Search for content in message boards

Birthdays in 1941

Birthdays in 1941

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 2:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to find a female person born in 1941. I have a last name and birth place city only.

It was possible that she was born in 1940 so I looked through the Census from 1940 but could find nothing, so she must have been born in the first couple of months in 1941. Problem is I can't seem to figure out where to start since there is no census beyond 1940.

New at this, so any help or tips you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Birthdays in 1941

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 5:46PM GMT
What was her parents names, or brothers or sisters?
Do you have her 1st name or just her last name?
She could have been born after the census was taken in 1940,
and would not be listed. Another source would be Births listed in local newspapers. Good luck

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 4:24AM GMT
HI--thank you for your reply. I only have her last name. She had a younger sister, so that would not in in the census either. I continue to dig around to see what I can find, but the newspapers don't seem to have much either there. Thank you again for your reply.

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 10:43AM GMT
Since you probably won't have access to a birth record, consider some of these ideas.
Look for the younger sister, or any other siblings at the same time as any life changing events in their lives may name your subject.

1. Use Google to search marriages, obituaries, etc.

2. Look for a high school year book either at the local school or library.

3. Look for a marriage record at the county courthouse, say from 1955 forward. Using the last name may be difficult, but the records may list parents, and you might find something to look up in the newspaper, or Google.

4. Look for a death record. Same issues as #3.

5. Look for an obituary of your subject. Google or local library.

5. Look for obituaries of parents. Father first as mother may have remarried. Again, try Google or local library.

If you're not from the town where you're searching, call the local library to see if they can help you. Many libraries have local history rooms, and they may have an obituary index. Someone there will have local knowledge.

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 5:16PM GMT
Thank you so much for your tips. I did order a few obits in hopes that will give me some additional clues and names, etc. Thank you again!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic