Search for content in message boards

CALLING ALL AQUILLA BENNETT'S

CALLING ALL AQUILLA BENNETT'S

Posted: 17 Apr 2002 3:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Sep 2002 9:17PM GMT
I would like to compare naming patterns of anyone who has an ancestor named AQUILLA/ ACQUILA BENNETT. My Aquilla was born in Pennsylvania, moved to Ontario, Canada abt. 1800. I have seen other Aquilla Bennett names and think with a first name like that, along with the same surname there is possibly a link. Looking forward to any contacts.
Thank you,
Lisa

Re: CALLING ALL AQUILLA BENNETT'S

Posted: 26 Apr 2002 12:42PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2003 2:58AM GMT
I have a relative also named Aquilla (Barackman) and born in PA. He married my gg-grandfather's sister, Rebecca Hamilton abt. 1812 in Meadville, Crawford Co., PA.....what do you think?

Betty

Posted: 26 Apr 2002 1:05PM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2002 9:17PM GMT
Hi Betty,
Do you know why he was named Aquilla? What is the prominent naming pattern for his children?
Lisa

Posted: 8 Jan 2012 10:38PM GMT
Aqullia Barackman is my grate grate grate grandfather Samual P, Barackman was his son my grate grandfather one of his son's was my grand father Albert C. Barackman his daughter was my mother my name is Sheryl Tidrick

Posted: 29 Jul 2012 12:05AM GMT
Did your Aquilla Barackman have a sister named Margaret or Margarite? She married a Stillman Sarber. I am looking for her family.

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 3:41AM GMT
We have 3 Aquila Bennett's in my family tree.
1. Aquila/Acquilla Bennet born 1769 in MD, the son of Peter & Catherine Bennet; married Mary Speelman in 1789; and died 1839 in OH.
2. Aquilla Bennett born 1805 in MD (the son of Aquila #1); married Mary Miller in 1824; died in 1853 in IN.
3. Aquilla Bennett born 1831 in OH, the son of John & Barbara Bennett (John is the son of Aquila #1 and brother to Aquilla #2); married Sarah Anna Hassinger in 1855 (they had 12-16 children--I'm still not sure--and not one of them was name Aquilla!
I am just getting started; but that is all I have found so far.
I wonder if you're still out there after 10 years?
Susan

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 6:22PM GMT
My Bennett family out of Mass and Conn does not use the name but is connected to Aquilla Chase through marriage and I suspect that many Bennett descendants have picked up that name from our Chase ancestor.

Andrew M Johnson who does the Johnson Family Tree which is replete with Bennett's.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic