Search for content in message boards

Family History

Family History

Steffl (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2003 5:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Steffl
Would Love to learn about the Steffl Name, any history of my ancestors...I live in Minnesota USA but I am sure my ancestors are from Austria. my Grandfather was Sylvester Steffl born 1901... please contact me with any info..would love to know any and all about the history of Steffl.

Re: Family History

Posted: 21 Feb 2003 3:01AM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2003 4:45AM GMT
Steffl is likely a nickname form of the first name Stephen (used as a last name). There probably is not much of a regional lead one could get out of the name.

Posted: 11 Aug 2007 1:41PM GMT
I am looking for Steffl family in Bohemia (formerly Austria, presentday Czech Republic) for my friend (we hope we are cousins - or relatives a bit;-) ). I ´ve found something in the oldest Czech financial-tax rule book from 1651. I hope I will find more in following months :-)
Please, contact me in the case of Steffl. Thank you very much! (my mail is "kolegium@email.cz")

Posted: 28 Jan 2012 1:08AM GMT
My grandmother's maiden name was Steffl. She was from Bad Aibling, Germany. Her father, grandpa, and great great grandpa were all named Simon Steffl. Her father was born and died in Germany. I'm not sure if the other Simons were born in Germany. Does anybody else know of any Simon Steffl from Germany in the 1800-1900s? I don't have much info. on this family yet.

Posted: 28 Jan 2012 2:07PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2012 2:17PM GMT
the mormons have some for Steffl:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp

yes, the name will have orgin at Stefan and will be of bavarian orgin. many bavarians (Bayern) settled in Bohemia also(Böhmen, Mähren).

just an interesting info too - the St. Stephans Cathedral in Vienna is called "Steffl" also.
"Der Wiener Stephansdom, weltberühmtes Bauwerk und Kulturgut, ist DAS österreichische Wahrzeichen. Viele Wienerinnen und Wiener besuchen „ihren Steffl” regelmäßig/ The St. Stephen's Cathedral, and world-famous monument heritage is THE Austrian landmark. Many Viennese visit "their Steffl" regularly."
http://www.stephansdom.at/
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephansdom_%28Wien%29

Posted: 31 Mar 2012 8:26PM GMT
Hi, do you want to know something about Bad Aibling or
your family from Bad Aibling? I live there and there are
Steffl`s also today. Greetings from Bad Aibling

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 6:18PM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2013 6:18PM GMT
Surnames: Steffl, Zimmermann, Feuchtner
Hi,
I recently saw your post from 2012. I still have family living in Bad Aibling, but I have never met them. I'm trying to find some information on my 3x great grandfather. I know that my great grandfather was from Bad Aibling, Germany. His name was Simon Steffl (b. 1892, d. 1969). His father (b. 1864, d. 1910) and his grandfather were also named Simon Steffl. I'm not sure how to research them. I haven't had much luck since I am unable to read German. Any research tips would be greatly appreciated.

The Steffl name was not passed down since my great grandfather had all girls- Betty, Mary, Resi, Anni, Maria (my grandmother), & Irmgard.
My great grandfather, Simon Steffl, married Barbara Feuchtner. My 2x great grandfather, Simon Steffl, married Theresa Zimmermann. I don't know the wife of my 3x great grandfather Simon Steffl.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: Stefl
Hello! I have researched back to 1685 Jacob Stefl of Lochutzen. Wife was Elizabeth. That is as far as I get and the Stefl (Steffl) name disappears. Do you know more?
Kay

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 9:50PM GMT
No, sorry I don't know anymore. Everything I know I put in my previous post on this board. I can only get back to my 3rd great grandfather, and I don't have any other info. on him besides his name. Do you happen to have anyone named Simon Steffl in your tree?

Sorry I couldn't be anymore help. The Steffl line is stumping me as well.

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 8:27PM GMT
Simon is not a part of my male Stefl line that ends at 1685 in Lochetzen, Austria Jacob Stefl.
Thanks
Kay
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions