Search for content in message boards

Catholic Cemeteries st Jamesburg, NJ

Catholic Cemeteries st Jamesburg, NJ

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 11:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McDonough
Hi, I'm trying to find the cemetery that my great, great uncle is interred in 1889. The newspaper article says he was going to be interned in the Catholic cemetery at Jamesburg in New Jersey. He lived in Spotswood if that helps. I spoke to someone at St James Church and they have no record of him as he was also married in a church in Jamesburg. I did write to several cemeteries and called a few churches, without success. I thought the cemetery might be a church cemetery. Can anyone me with the name of Catholic cemeteries in Jamesburg or Catholic church cemeteries. I would appreciate it.

Re: Catholic Cemeteries st Jamesburg, NJ

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 7:47PM GMT
Have you tried this one?

Holy Cross Burial Park and Mausoleum - (732) 521-1766

840 Cranbury Cir, East Brunswick, NJ 08816

It is near Jamesburg.

Other than that you might try calling a Jamesburg Funeral Home and asking them.

Good luck

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 8:34PM GMT
Yes, I tried Holy Cross Burial first. I didn't think of the funeral homes. I will try them.

Thank you.

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 10:03PM GMT
There is a catholic church in Spotswood-next to Jamesburg also. Immaculate Conception. I think they have a cemetery. The diocise of Metuchon has one on Cranbury road. Now its a non-secular cemetery tho.
I am not from there-but was just in Spotswood so I saw it.

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 11:44PM GMT
I think it might be a small cemetery or a church cemetery where he's interred. I did email a Catholic Diocese today to see if they might know. They might have old records of cemetery or churches that are no longer there. Thank you so much.

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 12:57AM GMT
Holy Trinity Cemetery is just outside of Jamesburg. It is affliated with Holy Trinity Church in Helmetta. Phone 732-521-0172
Also Fernwood Cemetery in Jamesburg (not Catholic) I think affliated with the Presbyterian Church.

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 1:39AM GMT
there is a cemetery along the one side of the railroad overpass in jamesburg, ive family there, also one further up the main street holy trinity cemetery, ive also family there theres also st mary cemetery on cranbury road ive family there...if you need addresses ill look them up for you..right outside of manalapan there is st rose of lima its more towards freehold area...if theres more you might need let me know

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 8:37PM GMT
I spoke to someone at Holy Cross and they were not in existence until 1911. I also spoke to someone at Fernwood Cemetery. He checked the records, but Miles is not buried there.

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 8:41PM GMT
I spoke to someone at Holy Cross and they were not in existence until 1911. I also spoke to someone Fernwood Cemetery. He checked the records, but Miles is not buried there. I called one of the funeral homes and was told there is only one catholic cemetery in Jamesburg, which is St James. I've called and written to several and he's not at any of those. I'm going to see if I can find more articles about his death. Thank you for your help. Cathy

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 11:31PM GMT
hi did you check st marys cemetery on cranberry road in south river....many families were buried there too..ive a grandfather there who died in 1936..who was from jamesburg area just thought id ask...gloria
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions