Search for content in message boards

Dr. Jehu (Hugh) Woodward Crouse / wife Gertrude Bebo, Lois & Maude Austin

Dr. Jehu (Hugh) Woodward Crouse / wife Gertrude Bebo, Lois & Maude Austin

Posted: 25 Jan 2006 10:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have alot of information on the "Crouse" family line, however, I am still seeking additional info on the family line of Jehu (Hugh) Woodward Crouse, of El Paso Co., Texas.

First wife Gertrude Bebo. Children were Vera, Sonia and Esme Gertrude Crouse. Esme did not marry and died in California. Looking for info on Vera and Sonia.

Second wife was Lois. I do not believe any children were born from this marriage.

Third wife was Maude Austin. Looking for info on children Helen Claire Crouse and Patricia Austin Crouse. Patricia may have children in Mexico.

Helen Claire Crouse married John Oliver Crouse in El Paso. They had at least two children, Hugh Woodward Crouse and John Oliver Crouse Jr. Helen and John divorced sometime after 1932.

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated on this family line.

Re: Dr. Jehu (Hugh) Woodward Crouse / wife Gertrude Bebo, Lois & Maude Austin

Jorge E. Bredée-Crouse (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2006 4:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
The posible reason there is confusion in my grandfathers information is that both Jehu and Hugh are used. As far as I know his name was Hugh W. Crouse.

I would like to exchange information. Among I may still documents to be inclueded and a correction that Helen Crouse was daughter of Maude Mason Austin, when Maude my grandmother was her step mother.

Then read this letter that may be of general intrest:
Dear Rick, I am Jorge E. Bredée Crouse, Family name Bredée mother’s maiden name Crouse. I live in Cuernavaca, Morelos. The order of my names is different from the USA, in many Latin Countries including those of our hemisphere us our fathers name and at the end our mothers maiden name. Our middle name is another surname.

My mother was from El Paso, Texas; my grandfather was Hugh Woodrow Crouse was born in Illinois. Lived in Virginia and Tennessee, California and then due to Tuberculosis set up medical practice in El Paso, where he married wives 2 and three Maude Henry Austin, marriage that brought forth my mom Patricia Austin Crouse.

Then our family is all Caucasians. On the other side of the family the Bredée we come from German, Spanish and mixed Mexican origins, mostly Spanish blood, but inherited Jewish extractions Spain and Germany.

You mention George W. Crouse, which rings a bell with the middle name of my Grandfather. I never met my Grandfather whom died in 1929. My mom was 10 then so she would come and visit or have long stays with her Aunt Lillian Mason Austin married to Thomas Hassam, in Mexico City. Then when horse back riding in what is Mexico City proper met my dad Gustavo Bredée de la Garza or as in the USA, Gustavo de la Garza Bredée.

I find that there must be some connection. Should you like to venture let’s see if we are connected. Nothing like visiting the Mormons that have ample information.

Let be in touch.

Jorge E. Bredée
Teopanzolco 677
Col. Reforma
62260 Cuernavaca, Morelos
Tel. 52 777 311 2149
Internet phone El Paso : (915) 2610440
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions