Search for content in message boards

Templeton, Robert

Templeton, Robert

Posted: 22 Jul 2002 4:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Templeton
Am looking for information on the parents of Robert Templeton b. abt 1863, Scotland, s/o Robert Templeton, m. Margaret Stewart in Worcester Ma, (second marriage, first wife died leaving one or more childred) d. 21 Dec 1935, Pawtucket, RI. He and Margaret had a combination of adopted and prior marriage childred numbering appox eight.

Re: Templeton, Robert

Beth (Mount)Trudeau (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2005 2:27AM GMT
My great grandfather was a Robert Templeton,who was born in 1866 in Glasgow, Scotland. He was a baker at the Stevenson bakery in Glasgow and then immigrated to Canada, where he helped build the Canadian Pacific Railway. He died Ma 8,1936 in Montreal Quebec.

He was married to Margaret Robertson Stewart who was born in 1865 in Pitlochry Scotland. She died on December 24, 1910 in Montreal, Quebec. When she died, my grandfather and his brother James were taken back to Scotland by an aunt, who tried to find someone in the family to look after them, as Robert was away building the railway. No one would take them, (at least my grandfather - not sure about James) -so aunt and uncle raised them in Canada

Peter married my grandmother,who is a Gomery - the aunt of Justice John Gomery who is leading the inquiry into the Adscam Scandal that is going on in Canada and who is going to nail our ex-prime minister to the wall like Watergate or worse.

My grandfather is Peter Templeton, who was born in Pitlochry Scotland. He married Maude Elizabeth Gomery. My mother is Beverly Templeton, and she married Victor Mount. I am their daughter, who married a Trudeau.

I would appreciate any information on Robert or James Templeton.

Beth Trudeau
Embrun, Ontario, Canada

Posted: 18 Sep 2005 1:12AM GMT
i know that you asked for information on templeton and robert but i am looking for information on the gomery line any information woud be appreciated it. my email address is mbnelson3@shaw.ca

Beth Trudeau (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2005 2:41PM GMT
I have lots of information on the Gomery's. My grandmother was a Gomery (Maude Elizabeth (Gomery) Templeton). What would you like to know?

Regards,
Beth (Mount) Trudeau

Posted: 10 Apr 2008 4:47AM GMT
Edited: 23 Oct 2011 2:19AM GMT
Surnames: Templeton, Chapman, Stewart
I'd like to email with you and maybe we can help each other. Robert Templeton was my paternal gr gr grandfather.
I have been searching for any information on Robert Templeton and I have more on (2nd wife) Margaret Stewart's family .
Robert's son,Harry Albert was my great grandfather. Harry was from Robert's first marriage to Elizabeth Chapman who died in childbirth when Harry was born. Harry Templeton has a son that I am in contact with.
Please email me, fourwinds22064@yahoo.com
Thank you, Mary A Briggs
per page

Find a board about a specific topic