Search for content in message boards

Zedekiah Wood

Zedekiah Wood

Eva Suzukawa (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wood, Sloan, Gullion, King, Holmes, Graham, Morris, Mays
Zdeliah Wood was born in VA in 1803. He married Lydia Smith in Clermont Co. OH in 1827. They moved to Boone Co. IN with their two small sons about 1831. Later he and several of his family moved to Daviess Co MO. I cannot find his parents or brothers and sisters. According to the census his father was born in MD and his mother in DE. Would apprciate any help and be willing to trade information.

Re: Zedekiah Wood

Posted: 9 Jan 2003 2:12PM GMT
I'm wondering if you connect to a George Wood who married Jhirgia King on April 30, 1820 in Clermont Co., OH. As I read your posting it looks like the same "trek" that the line I'm researching also took at the same time. I'm wondering if there is a connectin...researching King, Short, Wheeler.
Irene

Barbara Baker (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2003 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: Wood
I believe that you are speaking of my great-great grandfather. His name was Zedekiah Wood and he was born in Virginia in 1803. He died November 9, 1884 and is buried in Daviess Co.,Mo. His son, Wesley was born in Boone Co, Indiana and died in Livingston County, Mo. in 1931.

nelda Laird (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2003 2:14PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Smith, Gullion
Hi Barbara, I read your posting in Roots Web. I am a descendant of Zedekiah Wood also. My line is through his son Corneilus. Would love to share info with you. My e-mail is cliomom@psln.com Nelda

Eva Suzukawa (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2003 5:33AM GMT
I posted this message in 2000,
Zdeliah Wood was born in VA in 1801. He married Lydia Smith in Clermont Co. OH in 1827. They moved to Boone Co. IN with their two small sons about 1831. Later he and several of his family moved to Daviess Co MO. I cannot find his parents or brothers and sisters. According to the census his father was born in MD and his mother in DE. Would apprciate any help and be willing to trade Informatiom
I am posting this again because my email address has changed.

Jean Fisher-Coogler (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2003 9:11AM GMT
Surnames: Wood/Rogers/Barr/McNutt/Wedgeworth/Thomas/Denison/Foster
Hi, Eva,

I have Zedekiah Wood as father to Clement (b1808), Tipton O.(b1807), Alfred and John.

Tipton marrieds Anna (?)
Tipton's children:
Samuel (b1835 TN)
James L. (b 1838)
Nicy (Nancy) (b `1846)
Rachael (b. 1849)
Johnathan (b1840 TN)&
Wm. T. (b, 1851 MO)
Clement marries Rebecca (b. 1816 TN)
Clement's children:
Joseph Lane (my great grandfather), Rufus, Calvin, Robert and Harriet (Harriet marries Robert Wallace)
Joseph Lane marries Nancy Ann Ro(d)gers (lives in Hartville MO)
Joseph's children are:
Lewis Paul Wood who marries Iva
Ernie
George
Herb (my grandfather) who marries Mildred Denison
And Sister Lottie who marries Thomas surname

I have more on this branch that went from MD to NC to TN to MO and AR WA OK and MT, if you're interested. email me at lilfishjean@hotmail.com

Elizabeth L. Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2003 4:07PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Powers
I would love to see some names of those who went to MO and Arkansas. trying to find anything on my great Grandmother Wood. Thanks, Candy

Re: Zedekiah Wood Wood/Gullion/Sloan/

Nelda Laird (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2004 12:42AM GMT
Hi Barbara, I was wonder if you have any info on Zedekiahs parents? I descend from Zed through his son Corneilus. Thanks, Nelda

Nelda Laird (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2004 5:30AM GMT
Hi Barbara: I wrote to you a year ago this month and never heard from you, but I was having trouble with my computer then and ended up buying a new one. I am also descended from Zedekiah Wood. My descent is through his son Corneilus. Have been trying for a few years to get the info on who his parents were. I thought I would go back over messages to see if anyone has discovered Zeds parents. Thanks, Nelda

Jerry Herd (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2006 10:14PM GMT
Eva: Please contact me at jerherd@hotmail.com. I am decended from James L. Wood and 1st Wife Sarah Hawk. He was son of Tipton O. Wood.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions