Search for content in message boards

Finding Parents Names

Finding Parents Names

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 12:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Any suggestions on other documents or places I might locate my great-grandmothers parents names? Supposedly she was raised by her grandmother, but it is unknown why. I think her mother died and her father remarried. I have come up empty handed on vital record searches for both birth and death certificates or anouncments. I'm pretty sure I know who her father was but have no proof. She was born in 1888 and lived in West Hoboken with her paternal grandmother. I'm not sure when she was married or where. Nothing came up when I searched for her on the SSDI either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Finding Parents Names

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 5:50AM GMT
If you've got her paternal grandmother, then you have her father's mother. Go back in the censuses and other records until you find that woman with her children.

Have you just searched on Ancestry.com or also on FamilySearch.org? There are several free NJ databases, including NJ births.

Re: Finding Parents Names

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 5:40PM GMT
While I think I know which of the many sons was her father, I have no proof. Of course the census that she may have been listed with her parents would have been 1890. I searched the remaining section without luck. The following years she is listed with the grandmother and younger uncle and aunt. A five year search thru NJ state archives turned up no birth records- either she wasn't born there or it wasn't registered. I haven't had any luck though any of the online databases with the little concrete info that I have.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions