Search for content in message boards

living relatives

living relatives

Posted: 7 Sep 2012 10:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
when you fine dead relatives. who still have living kids.how do you find out who they are.i want to meet them.i'm looking for family.my dad's family didn't look to tell me7my brother muuch about the tuggles,hulses,pierces&dickens.i want to know more.pleas help

Re: living relatives

Posted: 7 Sep 2012 11:54PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2012 12:01AM GMT
I don't know American ways for Births Deaths & marriages, but if you can state the name & birth & death dates of relatives who have passed & where they were living & ask their offspring to contact you by email, that could work.Many boards don't like to post names of living persons.

Try putting one at a time these names in the Surname search, you may find your families that way.

The 1940 census may have members who are still alive also U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946.

Also Obituary columns in newspapers for family members.

Have a scroll through Ancestry's catalogue to find more,& search by county.

New collections for United States may help too.
http://www.ancestry.com.au/cs/reccol/default

click on the little arrow in the white box to find the country you need.

Re: living relatives

Posted: 8 Sep 2012 1:58AM GMT
I would start by looking for obituaries for your Dad's siblings (if he had any) and for your grandparents. You can sometimes find obituary indexes at the local public library for the city they died in. You can find some cemetery records, which may give you an exact date of death at www.findagrave.org
Once you have names of living relatives, you can try searching for them at a site like www.switchboard.com

If you tell us what cities and states your family died in, we can give more specific suggestions for obit lookups.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions