Search for content in message boards

Goldie Pearl Bennett O'Neal

Goldie Pearl Bennett O'Neal

Posted: 4 Nov 2009 7:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bennett/O'Neal/Abney
Looking for the obituary of Goldie Pearl Bennett O'Neal. She was born 13 Nov 1902 in Kentucky. She married William Taylor Abney abt 1926 in Barren Kentucky. Their family moved to indiana. Goldie and William divorced and she subsequently married Roy A O'Neal. I do not have dates for the divorce or second marriage. Goldie Pearl O'Neal died 9 Jan 1997 and is buried next to her husband Roy in Garland Brook Cemetery, Columbus, Bartholomew, Indiana. I have not been able to find any death records from Indiana on-line. I am hoping that someone could find her obituary so I can learn her parents' names. Any help would be much appreciated. Please e-mail me at tsmattison@cox.net.
Thank you,
Tamara Mattison

Re: Goldie Pearl Bennett O'Neal

Posted: 4 Nov 2009 11:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Goldie P. (Bennett) O’Neal

Goldie P. (Bennett) O’Neal entered into eternal life on 9 January 1997 at the Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis, Marion, Indiana. She was a homemaker and a member of Shiloh Baptist Church in South Columbus, Bartholomew, Indiana.

Funeral for Goldie P. O’Neal of South Road 600E was conducted at 3 p.m. Monday at Myers Funeral Service, Reed and Jewell Chapel on 25th Street, with the Rev. Robert E. Lay officiating on Monday, 13 January 1997. Calling scheduled will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday. Burial at Garland Brook Cemetery.

Pallbearers were Rick Dunn, Rick Hartley, Danny Goddard, Francis Cox, and LeRoy and Rocky Purtlebaugh. Prayer was given by the Rev. Steven Beasley.

Born on 13 November 1912 in Barren County, Kentucky. She was the daughter of Milan and Rennie Bennett. She married Roy A. O’Neal 25 September 1948 in Indianapolis, Marion, Indiana. He preceded her in death 6 October 1996.

She is survived by a daughter, Lee Oma Vanchieri of Indianapolis; a sister, Ada Gilpen of Louisville, KY; a half-brother, John Bennett of Jonesville; 17 grand-children; and three great-grandchildren.

She was preceded in death by daughters, Katherine Edens and Betty Jean Lang, a son, Cecil Abney; and five brothers and sisters.

And here is Roy's obituary, in case you need it also.

Roy A. O’Neal

Roy A. O’Neal entered into eternal life on 6 October 1996 at his home on 600E, Columbus, Bartholomew, Indiana. He was a member of Shiloh Baptist Church in South Columbus, Bartholomew, Indiana.

Funeral for Roy A. O’Neal, 83, was conducted Wednesday by Myers Funeral Service at their Reed and Jewell Chapel, with the revs. Steven Beasley and Robert Lay officiating. Singers were Tom Edens and Tammy Tidd, accompanied by LeRoy Purtlebaugh. Burial was at Garland Brook Cemetery.

Pallbearers were Rocky and LeRoy Purtlebaugh, J. R. and Tom Edens, Rick Hartley, Larry Cox and Terry Straub.

Roy A. O’Neal was born on 25 July 1913. He was the son of Ulysses Grant and Linnie (Barrett) O’Neal. He married Goldie P. Bennett on September 1948 in Indianapolis, Marion, Indiana.

He is survived by his wife, Goldie P. Bennett and two sisters: Faye Cox and Ethel Straub.

By the way// Larry Cox and Faye & Frances Cox were friends of my family. We use to go on vacations together.

I am also sending you the one for Roy's sister Ethel Straub. Here it is:

June 28, 2002 The Republic, Columbus, Bartholomew County, Indiana

Ethel B. Straub

Ethel B. O’Neal Straub, 86, of Cape Coral, Fla., formerly of Columbus, died at 9:35 a.m. Thursday, June 27, 2002, at her home.

Mrs. Straub was a homemaker and a member of Shiloh Baptist Church.

The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Shiloh Baptist Church with the Revs. Robert E. Lay and James A. Seddon officiating. Calling will be from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday at Myers Funeral Service, Reed & Jewell Chapel, on 25th Street and from 10 a.m. until service time Monday at the church. Burial will be at Garland Brook Cemetery.

Memorials may be made to Shiloh Baptist Church.

Mrs. Straub was born in Columbus Sept. 19, 1915, the daughter of Ulysses Grant and Linnie Barrett O’Neal. She married Leonard Milton Straub in December 1935 in Columbus. He died Dec. 10, 1999.

Survivors include a daughter, Wilma Evans of Cape Coral; a son, Robert Straub of Riviera Beach, Fla.; grandchildren, Peggy Wilson and Phillip and Keith Evans, all of Fort Meyers, Fla., Terry Straub of Elizabethtown and Shari French of Hayes, Va.; 10 great–grandchildren; a great–great–grandson; and a sister, Faye Cox of Columbus.

She was preceded in death by a sister, Myrl Taylor; brothers, Carl, Harold, Ernest, Hubert and Ray O’Neal; and a great–grandson.

I hope this helps you....Sharon Maxin SMaxin1196@aol.com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic