Search for content in message boards

Lascelle family

Lascelle family

Posted: 16 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: Lascelle
I am looking for any information on the Lascelle family of Milwaukee. The 1860 census lists a John Lascelle. The 1889-90 directory lists Charles and Wm H as furniture factory business. I am helping my cousin Selden(81 years old) whose mother was Maude Lascelle Hanson and had a sister Nellie Lascelle--both from Milwaukee. Thanks

Re: Lascelle family

Roxanne Resch (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2002 1:17AM GMT
Surnames: Lascelle
I'm related to a Lascelle family from Milwaukee. My grandmother's maiden name was Ruth Francis Lascelle (born around 1925). Her parents were Oscar Lascelle married to Florence Lascelle. I'm just starting my geneology search and there seems to be a lot of Lascelles from Milwaukee. If this helps, please let me know. Good luck!

Posted: 31 Dec 2002 1:16PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2003 9:26PM GMT
Thanks! I will ask my cousin Selden if the names sound familiar. He said that the family had been prosperous furniture makers in the 1800s but some of the next generation did not do to well and lost the business.
Russ

Roxanne (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2003 4:06AM GMT
Please let me know if anything pans out. There still are Lascelles from my family line living in Milwaukee and I can ask my mother for names if it would help you. If they were furniture store owners in the past, they aren't anymore!!!

Posted: 5 Jan 2003 9:21PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2003 9:26PM GMT
William Lascelle of Milwaukee married Rose(Rosa or Rosalie?) Boltz of Whitewater. I think William was the father of Nellie and Maude. Maude married Clinton Hanson after corresponding with each other. Nellie married Robert Litskow. Both of these families were in the Barron Co WI area. I think one of the uncles was named Charles Lascelle. The two girls were left orphans at a young age.
Nellie and Maude were born in the 1880s or 1890s. Maude's son Seldon, is 84 years old.
If you can get the names of relatives from the 1800s we might be able to connect familes!
Thanks Russ

Posted: 29 Dec 2006 2:34PM GMT
Hi' My daughter is the daughter of the LaScelle in Milwaukee, but I can not give any info on line so if you like you can email me at baeten1@sbcglobal.net
Maureen

Posted: 2 Feb 2007 9:15PM GMT
I am looking for the parents of my grandmother Emily Victoria Lascelle b.Dec. 25, 1865 (always thought it was spelled LaSalle, but not according to marriage to Charles Fletcher May 18, 1881 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Her family is rumored to have been chairmakers. Any information greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Dorothy

Posted: 25 Jun 2007 1:48AM GMT
I grew up in Milwaukee, My Maiden name is lascelle, daughter of Robert. Whose Father was Ernest. I can get you more info. if interested. let me know :)

Posted: 24 Mar 2008 7:02PM GMT
In 1850 in Milwaukee John Lazelle family includes a William who is 3 yrs old. In 1860, Milwaukee there is a John Lascelle with a 13 yr. old William. In 1870 John Lassell also shows William 23 yrs old. Is this your William? I have a little more info to share. My Great Grandfather was Charles Lascelle.

Posted: 8 Mar 2012 2:38PM GMT
Hi Roxanne

I am the great granddaughter of Oscar Lascelle, His son Harold is my grandfather and His son David is my Father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions