Search for content in message boards

Berger

Posted: 14 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 11:04PM GMT
Surnames: Berger, Benz, Myers, Hauf
Welcome to the Berger Bible Records Board. If you have not already, you may want to consider subscribing to the Berger Rootsweb Discussion List, details at my home page at http://www.s-hornbeck.com/home.htm. Let me know if you have problems or need help.

Berger ancestry

Katherine Colburn (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Berger, Getrost
I am searching for the ancestry of Michael Berger(b.1825 - d bef. 1880) and his wife Benedicte (...?...) Berger (21 April 1841 - 6 Jun 1905) and their daughter, Sophia Berger Getrost (16 January 1841 - 13 September 1901) Sophia was supposeddly their only child. Sophia married Adam Jacob Getrost (19 December 1843 - 9 March 1916) on 10 October 1865. The four emigrated to the USA, in November 1866, with baby Karl Johan Getrost, settling in Bellaire, Belmont County, OH. where all four died. In the 1870 Belmont County Ohio Census, Michael, Benedicte and Sophia all list Switzerland as their birthplace. Adam Getrost was born in Germany. I have Sophia's German language Bible with Adam's and Sophia's birth, marriage and emigration date, the names and birthdates of all twelve of their children (in German script). The birth and death dates of Benedicte (...?..)Berger and the death dates of Adam and Sophia are entered in English script. I would welcome any additional information!!! and will be glad to share the names and dates of Sophia Berger Getrost's children.

Berger family

Evelyn Berger-Kerr (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Berger, Maus, Shadel, Knight
Researching Berger family of Berks and Schuylkill Counties, PA. Have reached a point of trying to find out who parents were of Henrich Berger 17 Mar 1768-10 Apr 1846) married Catharina ?. Buried St. Paul's Summerhill Cem in Schuylkill Co. Was father Henrich or George?

Berger relations in PA

Heather Rodebush (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Berger, Heffner, Haefner, Schwartz, Kerschner
I too have Berks county and Schuykill county relations. My gg.grandfather was Charles Henry Berger Born 30 Dec 1854 and died 18 Apr 1937 (may have died in Nebraska). He was married to Emma Rebecca Heffner born 8 Mar 1862 and died 2 July 1904. I have most of my information on the Heffner line they resided mostly in Friedensburg,Schuykill,PA My great aunt who is still living says that this is where Charles Henry and Emma were married (or at least met). I feel that if it was not there it was in Berks county. I am still searching daily for more info. My great Aunt has no information concerning Charles Henry's parents or siblings. If you have any additional info feel free to e-mail me.

email address problem

Posted: 12 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2001 7:16PM GMT
Surnames: Heffner, Brown, Schwartz
Greetings,

I was attempting to send an email to the address listed above - nebrnative@worldnet.att.net and found the address would not work. I had enclosed a list of Heffner names from the Wayne/Wash Twp areas of Sch. County. Would still appreciate comparing notes - Howard Bernd

Peter Berger of Louisiana

Posted: 10 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2002 2:15AM GMT
Surnames: Berger
I would like some help with finding my Great Grandfather's
place of birth and his parents. My Great Grandmother's
maiden name was Gurtler, first name was,Amelia.
My Great-grandparents lived in New Orleans, Louisiana and
he was born about 1837 and she about 1857. I know most if
not all the names of their children. I sure would like to
know more before my mother dies, as she is 90. She knows very little about her grandfather and she would like to know more if possible.
1.Ferderick
2.Mildred (my grandmother)
3.Gwedoline
4.Florence
5.Clifford
6.Mary Theresa
7.Lionel
8.James
maybe 1 or2 more
I want to thank you for your time

My name is Ann Mourain

iolafebr@yshoo.com
Thank you for your help hope to hear from you soon

Re: Berger family

Posted: 14 Dec 2002 5:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
I too am searching for information on this Heinrich Berger who was buried at Summer Hill - Schuylkill Co PA.

Re: Peter Berger of Louisiana

Posted: 2 Oct 2006 3:50AM GMT
Surnames: BERGER
Hello,
I Have A question the James Berger
In your message ;

What is his full name ?
and date of birth ?

Because I have a James Berger In my Family line

also from LA or MS

Thank you Carol

albertosmom1991@yahoo.com

Re: Peter Berger of Louisiana

Posted: 3 Oct 2006 3:59AM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2006 10:16AM GMT
Hi Carol
Iam Ann and you asked about Peter Berger. Well he is my Greatgrandfather and Iam not sure at this time when he was born.
We moved and my records are still packed. I will tell you that all I know is that his name was Peter Berger and his birth was about 1840apx. We still can't find out his whole name and so we haven't find his parents. I know he was married to my Greatgrandmother Amelia
Gurtler and she was born about 1845 and died at the age of 95. My mother said they never talked about his family. Iam Anniese Mourain and I go by Ann my email is ::: iolafebr@yahoo.com hope to hear from

Re: Berger family

Posted: 23 Jun 2010 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Berger
I realize that is a like one in a million shot,just on the fact that this thread was made awhile ago but I am trying to find my Berger family in Schuykill County. I know little about them I though that maybe you did.

My great-grandfather was a Berger, He died before I was born and even though my Great-grandmother was alive, she really did not talk about him and then when I was 3 she developed Dementia, so I could not really get any family stories out of her than.

My great grandmother was Vera Mullins (alternate names Sarah Vera Mullins/ Vera s. Berger. she married a man with the last name Berger.

they had 3 childern Earl,Eldin,and Louella. he died when Louella was a toddler. they moved to philadelphia and never returned to the Schuykill County
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions