Search for content in message boards

MAXWORTHY / GALVIN

MAXWORTHY / GALVIN

Posted: 1 Apr 2008 8:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Maxworthy, Galvin
Hello
I'm part of the Maxworthy line....Ann Maxworthy's father was Richard Maxworthy ..I have a lot of Maxworthy info if you are interested?And also Galvin........Thank you...Janet...pisegna@wix.com.au

Re: MAXWORTHY / GALVIN

Posted: 4 May 2008 12:37PM GMT
Surnames: GALVIN/MAXWORTHY
Hi Janet,
My name is Yvonne and my maiden name is Galvin and I am descended from Alfred Henry (John George and Ann Maxworthy's youngest son). I was wondering what information you might have about Alfred's grandfather John George who immigrated from Ireland around the early 1800's. I look forward to hearing from you sometime. I thank you in advance.

Posted: 4 May 2008 1:22PM GMT
Hello Cousin(a few times removed,but we are cousins)
Yes I do have info on John George Galvin.John was born about 1807 in Camdon and died 26/10/1891 in Wagga Waqga He married Ann 21/5/1832..Ann Maxworthy was in1813 in Parramatta. They had 14 children..Ann Maxworthy father was Richard and her mother was Sarah McLaughlin..Richard and Sarah did marry in 1811 and had 3 children but there is no divorce record.Richard went back to England and there married Mary Ann Wright in 1824 and had 7 more children,2 were born in England....Bad boy,,,,
John Galvin Sr, was born about 1772 in Meath Ireland. He married Jane Morgan,born about 1780-88 in Worchester England.
John died in 1832 and Jane in 1836.I haven't found their shipping records yet....Is this any help? I have more on the children of John and Ann..Hope to hear from you again...My Name is Janet Pisegna

Posted: 5 May 2008 7:26AM GMT
Surnames: GALVIN/MAXWORTHY
Thanks Janet,
Yes that was very helpful. I mainly wanted to know if John George Snr came out as a free man and it appears he did. I have been in contact with my father's cousin Audrey and she sent me a photocopy of a photo of Ann & John George (Jnr), have you seen this?
Regards, Yvonne Rein

Posted: 5 May 2008 11:08AM GMT
No I haven't seen any photos of the Galvins or Maxworthys.so I would love a copy if possible..Also can I have what info you have and your info too.? Do you want anything on the maxworthy line..Also where are you?

Posted: 6 May 2008 10:15AM GMT
My email address is ....pisegna@wix.com.au
I'd hate to lose you now so please add me to your list....Janet...and I am in Wollongong

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 6:55AM GMT
Surnames: O'Keeffe/ Galvin/ Maxworthy
Hi my name is Donna Bird, I have just started with my family tree and found that I am related with both the Galvins/Maxworthy. My great, great grandparents were Sarah Ann Galvin and John O'Keeffe. So my great, great, great grandparents were Ann Maxworthy and John George Galvin. I have recently acquired Sarah Ann and John O'Keeffe death certificates and have been to Barmedman in NSW and found their gravestones. I have photos of these on my family tree. If you would like to view these please let me know. I also read that you had a copy of a photo of Ann and John George I would love to have a copy also. I currently have moved to the ACT from WA and saw a Richard Maxworthy that was living in Fremantly not sure if this is the same family. I have also information from the Albury Historical Society about George Galvin who had property on Tarcutta Creek and he and his wife had 23 children at the time of 1872, in which 21 children were still alive.

Posted: 11 Feb 2010 11:08AM GMT
Hi my name is Christine Breed ,was wondering if you would have the info on Ann Maxworthy's children . My Grandmother was Annie Olive Galvin married Roy Breed .clbreed@hotmail.com Thank you for your time .Christine .

Posted: 11 Feb 2010 11:18AM GMT
Hi Donna ,I have a photo of John Galvin and Ellen Newman my great grand parents. clbreed@hotmail.com Christine Breed

Posted: 26 Mar 2010 7:13AM GMT
Surnames: Galvin, O'Keeffe
Hi Christine,
Not sure where John Galvin and Ellen Newman come into my family tree. Could you give me some dates?? I have quite a few Johns in the tree but none with marriages to Ellen.

Would love to hear of any other photos you may have and any other info. I have been a little lazy with the tree recently, but am starting to get reinterested again.

My email address is craigdonnabird@hotmail.com

Where do you belong in the family tree??
I am great, great, granddaughter of John O'Keeffe and Sarah Ann Galvin married in Oberne NSW in 1857.

Would love to hear from you.
Donna Bird
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions