Search for content in message boards

Romanichel gypsies

Romanichel gypsies

Posted: 26 Sep 2003 5:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am working on my gypsy heritage. Family names that are among my group are Smith, Wharton, Palmer and Boswell. They also travelled and intermarried with the Stewarts, Lees and Lovells (among others). I would love to compare notes with any relatives..

Re: Romanichel gypsies

Gloria (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2004 1:18PM GMT
I have a Thomas Boswell born Bartingford Hereford approx b 1831 and according to family tales there was a Gypsy connection.

Are you aware of anything which may connect with this.

Thanks

Ava (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2004 2:24AM GMT
Hi Gloria...
No Thomas in the research so far. Have names such as Honora, Matilda, Phyllis, Caroline and Phestus. Heard any of these? Ava

Gloria (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2004 7:23PM GMT
Hallo Ava have only just started on Boswell's as i am still trying to find anyone who knows where Bartingford is/was but will keep looking.
Glo

Posted: 15 Apr 2009 8:38PM GMT
Those are very secure last names.Where have some of them been located ?

Posted: 29 Jul 2009 3:53AM GMT
Hi im Romanichel,My name is Stewart im related to the Whartons and Palmers.what is your last name please.I will be glad to tell you what i know,If we are related.

Posted: 12 Nov 2009 12:05AM GMT
I know I am sooo late in responding to this. I hope you still see my message. I almost fell off my chair when I read your post!! I am gypsy,(half anyway) and my family name is Wharton (my grandfather) and Lovell (my granny). They lived in Ga for many years but have lived many other places including Alabama and Ohio.

Posted: 12 Nov 2009 12:10AM GMT
My family is made up of Whartons, Lovells, and Lees. I was always told we came to America from England. Do you know if there is any truth to that? By the way, I'm so glad I'm not the only person out there who is curious about their gypsy heritege. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Posted: 13 Nov 2009 5:55PM GMT
Just so you know there are Lovell's in Canada as well, Lloydminster Alberta to be exact. And my Gypsy family came over from Scotland in the late 1800's to Canada so it's most definitely possible.

Posted: 12 Dec 2009 11:37PM GMT
Hi...
Just got your post today....have been offline for a bit. My grandparents were Gladys Stewart and Sol Smith. They married in Pocatello, ID and Mitchell Palmer and Celia Palmer stood for them. I have Whartons married into the family also. Through the Smith side. Freddie Wharton and Mae Wharton were close friends (possibly related?) to my Great Aunt Blanche and Uncle Sampson Stewart.....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions