Search for content in message boards

Joseph A.Pourciau/Ezola Lemoine

Joseph A.Pourciau/Ezola Lemoine

sally (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2001 2:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Aug 2001 7:28AM GMT
Surnames: Pourciau/Lemoine
Looking for parents, siblings of Joseph A. Pourciau. born Pointe Coupee June 1891/died Nov. 1978 in Port Allen, La.. He married Ezola Lemoine.

Re: Joseph A.Pourciau/Ezola Lemoine

Posted: 13 Aug 2001 7:12PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2003 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: Pourciau
Do you know if/how Joseph may have been related to a Julie Pourciau of Pointe Coupee who was born around 1840?

Sally (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2001 2:07AM GMT
No, I have nothing on Joseph but a name. Trying to find him on the 1900 census, Thought that might help.
Sally

karen mcclure (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 12:32PM GMT
Surnames: Pourciau, Lemoine
Hi
I checked all my resources and may have found your Joseph.

I believe your Joseph A. may be Joseph Anthony Pourciau because I have a Joseph Anthony that married an E. Lemoine in my records but no dates. Can you tell me their children? Or anything more. What about her family? While Lemoine wasnt nearly as common in PC as Pourciau back then, it was pretty common and this may not be your family.

karen mcclure
Pourciau, Gremillion, Jarreau, David, Delage, Saizan, Bergeron, Patin of PC.

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 9:30PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2003 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: Pourciau/Porche
Is your Joseph A. Pourciau in any way related to a Julie Pourciau of PC born ca 1840? It appears from what I have been able to determine that Julie lived with Zenon Porche but was never married to him. They had a daughter, Marie Alice Porche, born in 1860. I have never been able to link Julie to any of the Pourciaus whose records are readily available. Both Julie and Zenon Porche were among Pointe Coupee's unique, very large, and quite distinguished community of free people of color. Can you help?

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 10:39PM GMT
Surnames: Porche, Pourciau
Hi Pat
I'm sorry, I meant to answer your query also, I needed more about Julie Pourciau cuz there were several in PC. Got kind of involved with that other query (mostly cuz I was wrong and thats as interesting as being right).
Zenon and Julie were black? Was he a good bit older than she? Lets see Julie born about 1840 means about 1860 or so she was with Zenon? Ok I found where they baptized Marie Alice 3 June 1860. Looked for a Catholic marriage but found none.
Could that be your Zenon whose child Louis Alphonse, was buried at the age of 8y 2months on the 25 of Aug 1859? Zenon is named but the mother was omitted. Certainly cant be Julie if she was born 1840. There is a death for Zenon Porche age 68, burial 23 Aug 1861 saying he died at Mandeville.??? Then the marriage of Zenon Porche (deceased) and Julie Pourcieau on 12 Dec 1864 of daughter Leontine marrying a 3rd cousin; Joseph Fenelon Tounoir son of Eluter Tournoir and Euchariste Porche. Leontine died at age 17 says wife of A. J. Tournoir buried 23 July 1865 and died yesterday.
You think I'm on the right track here?

If you are unable to find a legal marriage, then go thru that on-line free 1850 census and try to find them with their parents.
If you dont have that address its:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/la/pointecoupee/census/185...
There is no index but if you have a fast modem its not too bad. I found more black families in the last half of the census, to save you a bit of time. I am one of those people that starts at the bottom and works my way up..weird I know. So I'd say start at the bottom.
Let me know.
karen

Sally (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2001 12:29AM GMT
Hi,
Here are the children I have for the Joseph A. Pourciau I am looking for
Elaine, married a Disney
Nona Mae, married Oddi
Merle, married Salemi
Joseph Anthony married Lucille Buseh
Leonard

Sally (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2001 12:40AM GMT
Surnames: Pourciau, Lemoine
Karen,
Almost forgot, Ezola's parents are Paul Victor Lemoine and Marie Elise Thibodeaux. I have quite a bit on Marie Elise , but can't find the parents of Paul V Lemoine. I have searched thru Father Hebert's to no avail.
Thanks again for you help,
Sally

Posted: 19 Aug 2001 2:53PM GMT
Surnames: Porche, Reine, Pourciau
Hey
I think I found them! go to that census page 4b family #62
Zeno is not listed as b or m or w, in fact there is nothing in that box, but the wife and maybe mother of the child that died is listed as "m", although I cannot read her name.

I found Zenon with a "Julie" at the baptism of Arthur in 1844 born in 1840. And Zenon and Julie REINE at the baptism of Auguste Hilaire (Elair in the census).
I dont know, maybe there were two Zenons with Julies?
Go see for yourself. I'd keep looking.
karen

Posted: 27 Sep 2001 6:14PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2004 1:10AM GMT
Pat I haven't been able to find marriage records on Julie and Zenon either, nor have I found Julie Pourciau's parents. However I do have the names of several of their children: Leontine Eugene, Jules George, Julia Georgina, Charles Edgar, Marie Alicia and Joseph Alphonse. I f you find any more info please e-mail me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions