Search for content in message boards

YORK, DEAL (DALE)

YORK, DEAL (DALE)

Linda Hardy (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Looking for ancestors
of William R. YORK who was married to Sarah YORK. Children: John, William, Abner, Sarah Elena, Mary Ann (1802) who married William Dale, Nancy who married Andrew York, Dicey who married Henry Deal (Dale).
William R. YORK died in 1832, was buried in York Cem. on "Red Hill" in the South Mountains of Burke Co.,NC.
Linda Dale Hardy
jhardy9343@aol.com

Edited Note: Query is no longer a valid query per request of Linda Hardy on 1-14-99

Debbie Fowler
CC for Burke County

DALE, BAKER

Posted: 2 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 4:06AM GMT
Linda,
I am researching the DALES and BAKERS. There is a William Dale who was born in 1836 in Rush Co. IN. Wm. was the son of Purnell Dale and Nancy Baker Dale. Could this be the William Dale you are researching?

Fran

YORK, DALE, WALBERT

Larry Noah (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: YORK, DALE, WALBERT
In response to your query on Burke county page - The parents of William Riley YORK (1760 - 1832) were Thomas YORK and Elenor SILVER. The ancestry beyond that is not certain. We show his wife as Mary Ann WALBERT.
Walbert could have been her first husband. We also show William as married to a Catherine SMITH. Actually we do not know if he married her or even got divorced from Mary Ann. BTW, we visited that cemetery this summer. It is kept up by the state as it is in a state park, but the stones were unreadable. You can check my website at http://members.tripod.com/~lrnoah.

Name discrepancy

Donna (Dale) Lohman (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dale, Deal
I am beginning a search for my father's family. I know very little about them. My grandfather was Robert Dale, part Cherokee, and the cherokee rolls state a discrepancy in the name. They have him listed as Robert L. Dale(Deal). I know he had one brother named John. He was married to Winnie Smith,. They had boys named Max,Edgar, JB,and Ross, who was my father. I have always been puzzled by the name discrepancy . Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Name discrepancy

Donna (Dale) Lohman (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dale, Deal

Re: Name discrepancy

Posted: 2 Aug 2005 6:58AM GMT
Edited: 6 Dec 2006 5:56AM GMT
Surnames: Swink, Dale, Johnson, Denton, Fisher, Benton, Pruete, Pruit, Pruite
I'm pretty sure that your family that you're looking for is part of the same family I'm looking for. My grandmother was Artie Mable Dale. Her mother was Suzann Elizabeth and her mother was Susan Elizabeth Swink. I was always told that Suzanne or Susan was a fullblooded Cherokee Indian. My grandmother and her siblings aure did look like they were full blooded. I am looking for these family ancestors of Burke County, N.C. Dean, Adar(Ann) T, Elisa, Joseph, Alpha Omega, Lousian A, Fora E, Hister A, and Evoline Johnson, Rachel Fisher, Susan or Suzann Swink or Benton or Denton, Jim Swink, Artie Swink, Summie Swink and others. I am also kin but not directly to Warlicks. These families are very close knit and some family members have married cousins. If anyone has any information please let me know. I will exchange info that I have. The Johnson Family has a Family reunion every year and this year it will be in the Salem area of Burke Co. this Sunday 7, 2005.
Sincerely,
Donna Shropshire Caviness

Re: Name discrepancy

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 6:07AM GMT
hi i am also looking at some of the same familes you are only i married into not been looking long could u plz contact me would love to talk with u my familes are pruitt denton swink ivester we are also in with the deal family my husband has a 2nd cousen that is in her 80's that is deal and gates from this area love talking with her we are working togather on thishope u see this post and contact me soon or anyone else that may have intrest in any of these familes thanks so much Sabrina S. Pruitt 336-859-1907
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions