Search for content in message boards

Delaware Wolcotts - 1800s

Delaware Wolcotts - 1800s

Posted: 18 Sep 2008 1:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wolcott aka Wilcott
Am seeking more information on Caleb Wolcott, Sheriff of Kent Co., DE in the 1840s, particularly, a list of all his children (supposedly 10), and info on which child was from which wife (supposedly 2).

Re: Delaware Wolcotts - 1800s

Posted: 27 Sep 2008 11:26AM GMT
This Caleb Wolcott is covered on The Wolcott Family website at www.wolcottfamily.com, under the "Missing Links" tab, for the family of "Wilcott/Wolcott Family of Delaware".

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 7:22AM GMT
Surnames: Wolcott, Woodin
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/f/r/a/Melissa-Fra... This is a link to my family tree. I believe that we are related. I am David Woodin's granddaughter. I believe this will be helpful. There are several Wolcotts.

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 2:50PM GMT
Thank you for contacting me.

As noted in your records, David L. Woodin is a descendant of the prominent immigrant, Henry Wolcott of Windsor, CT, through his son, George Wolcott of Wethersfield, CT.

I am descended from another immigrant, John Wolcott of Watertown, MA, who was a third cousin to Henry Wolcott of Windsor, CT. In this respect, you and I are distant cousins, with a most recent common ancestor in Thomas Wolcott of Tolland, England, who was born about 1500.

The "Delaware" Wolcott line of the initial query to this thread is believed to be from the John Wolcott of Watertown, MA line.

If you have not already done so, you can access much information on the Wolcott family at the website of the Wolcott Family Society, www.wolcottfamily.com. On this site, you can find Alanson Wolcott/Walcott, and other members of your Wolcott line, under the link for "Henry Wolcott of Windsor, CT" through his son "George Wolcott".

Posted: 4 May 2009 11:21PM GMT
Caleb Wolcott 1792-1868 and his wife Mary Ann 1801-1847 are buried in the Methodist Cemetery at Dover DE, with their children Emma, 1825-1845, Mary Eliza 1832-1854, and Martina R. 1840-1842, He may well have had a second wife as Mary Ann died 21 years before him, but in 1860 he was living alone in a hotel at Smyrna DE. He had at least 4 sons and one other daughter, one son was named Levin or Levin, born 1823, and one named John Ryder 1835-1908. He is said to have been a veteran of the War of 1812, so you might see if you can find veterans records.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic