Search for content in message boards

William Boone Stewart, born 1764, North Carolina

William Boone Stewart, born 1764, North Carolina

Posted: 28 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 May 2006 6:53PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Boone, Braine
Seeking kin of William Boone Stewart, son of John Stewart and Hannah Boone(sister of Daniel), born Sept. 17, 1764, in Yadkin, Rowan, NC. He married Tabitha Braine, and had 12 children--Mary, Nancy, Anna, Rebecca,Margaret, Hannah, John, Soloman,James Boone,David, Moses, Samuel. Any Stewarts out there related to these people? WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU FOLKS! Please contact.

re: William Boone Stewart, born 1764, North Carolina: info on Solomon?

Dick Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 May 2006 6:54PM GMT
Hi, do you have any information on Soloman?

re: William Boone Stewart, born 1764, North Carolina: info on Soloman?

Posted: 16 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 May 2006 6:56PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Braine, Boone
Hi--No, I have no information on Soloman except that he was born in NC in 180-, the last digit is not known. His father was William Boone Stewart, born Apr. 17, 1764 NC, and Soloman's mother was Tabitha Braine. He was one of twelve children, and the brother of James Boone Stewart. His other siblings were-- Anna, David, Hannah, James Boone Stewart, John, Margaret, Mary, Moses, Nancy, Rebecca,and Samuel. I do not know what became of the other sibling's lines (Soloman's etc.) besides that of James, my ancestor.--Karen

Re: William Boone Stewart, born 1764, North Carolina

Posted: 2 Jul 2015 3:28PM GMT
I am Samuel Stewards gif random. My grandmother was Ora Altha Stewart, daughter of John and Florina Stewart of Harrison Co. , IN. I am unable to find any credible proof that Hannah Boone had a son with John Steward. do you know of any?
Dennis Feiock

Re: William Boone Stewart, born 1764, North Carolina

Posted: 4 Jul 2015 7:43AM GMT
Surnames: STEWART, BOONE, PENNINGTON
Bonnye and Dennis:
This is a supplemental note to the one from Brenda, and is more about our dna testing. We started yDNA testing 15 years ago to try to trace the Stewart line, and are on the two Stewart Groups at FamilyTreeDNA, which lead in yDNA testing. There is public information on those groups that you can Google for and see. Three descendents of James Boone Stewart, son of William Boone Stewart, and 4th cousins to each other, tested, and of course we match each other perfectly. The main thing we found is that our Stewart family doesn't match yDNA with any other Stewart family in the US, so far.
We turned to autosomal dna, which tracks matching recombined dna segments passed down through both male and female lines. Eight of us from James Boone Stewart's line tested, and compared both to Ancestry testers and especially, to all testers who uploaded their raw dna data to Gedmatch.com from Ancestry, FTDNA, and 23and me.
All of us who tested at Ancestry have multiple, and I mean hundreds, of matches to descendents of Squire Boone and Sarah Jarman Morgan Boone, (Hannah's parents) and to Squire and Sarah's parents and grandparents. We also have matches with descendents of Hannah's other children, all the Stewart daughters and the Pennington children.
We uploaded to Gedmatch, which compares matching segments and I'm happy to say that we have compared chromosomes to 5 descendents of Ann Elizabeth Stewart, and have found matching segments between all of us.
Of course we have other matches in common, but not everyone provides family pedigrees at Gedmatch, so we are working mainly with other known descendents of Hannah's children.

Please feel free to write if you have any questions about this, and may I ask, how are you related to John Stewart and Hannah Boone? Have you found any documentation of John Stewart's family, or any documentation of any of Hannah's children?

Cheers,
Erica Stewart
per page

Find a board about a specific topic