GUNNER REDIN

GUNNER REDIN

LINDA (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2001 12:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
LOOKING FOR INFO ON GUNNER REDIN
B JUNE 04 1855 IN SWEDEN DIED FEBRUARY 21 1916
IN EAST LONGMEADOW MA
MARRIED OLIVIA CARLOTTA AXELSON B 1865 IN SWEDEN DIED JANUARY 30 1926 IN EAST LONGMEADOW MA
HIS FATHER MAGNUS REDIN
HER FATHER AXEL LARSON
HER MOTHER MARY ANDERSON

I NEED TO KNOW WHERE IN SWEDIN THEY WERE FROM.

THANKS

Re: GUNNER REDIN

Posted: 7 Jul 2002 9:46PM GMT
Surnames: Redin
Hello my children are related to this line through Olivia and Gunner Redin's son Chas E. Redin his daughter Ella was their great nana. Would love to share info did you try Ellis island site for a ship manifest this should say where in sweden they are from.

Posted: 8 Jul 2002 11:49AM GMT
Ella Briere nee Redin was my father's (Edward C) oldest sister. She died at the end of last year in Springfiled Massachusetts. Her daughter Patricia Mannix nee Briere still lives in Springfield. Pat's sons are Keith, Craig and Scott Mannix.

Waiting for info from the Christianson side of the family...

Anything you have would be a great help.

Gunner and Olivia Carlotta came thru New York. Can't find ship. Then they went to Vermot, and the settled in East LOngmeadow Ma.

Thanks

LB

Posted: 8 Jul 2002 6:27PM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2002 11:43PM GMT
Hi My children's father is Keith we are divorced. My daughter Kristina wanted me to help her with her tree. I have acess to all the census records found the Redin's 1920 would you like a copy. I'll try vermont census maybe I'll find something.

Posted: 8 Jul 2002 6:46PM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2002 11:43PM GMT
Ps. On 1920 census it says Olivia came to us in 1878. Don't know if this helps you at all. It says both of her parents were born in Sweden. I'll try 1880 census for vermont and she if I can find anything.

Posted: 9 Jul 2002 11:24AM GMT
I HAVE COPIES OF THE CENSUS---- THEY WERE IN VERMONT IN THE 1800'S BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE...

MY SISTER KIM AND I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR AWHILE.... ALSO GETTING INFO FROM THE CHRISTIANSON SIDE OF THE FAMILY......

SO FAR IN MY DATA BASE I HAVE OVER 1800 NAMES, MY SISTER HAS MORE, WE ARE WORKING ALSO ON MY MOTHER'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY WHICH HAS OVER 11,000 NAMES SO FAR......

E-MAIL ME AT Linda.Blair@bellsouth.com AND SEND MER YOUR ADDRESS. AND I'LL SEND YOU COPIES OF WHAT I HAVE.....

LB

Posted: 1 Aug 2012 1:48AM GMT
Surnames: Redin
I was raised in East Longmeadow. I am going on memory, but I believe you can find the Redin family living in East Longmeadow in the 1900 census by searching under Redding.
Another tip is that a lot of Swedish immigrants who lived in both East Longmeadow and Vermont were quarry workers. Try Proctor, VT. Lots of the EL quarrymen came from Sweden by way of Portland, CCt.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic