Search for content in message boards

McManus/Calkins/Gore

McManus/Calkins/Gore

Posted: 3 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Sep 2004 10:04AM GMT
Surnames: McManus, Calkins, Gore
Seeking descendants of siblings Mrs. Maude Calkins and Glenn Gore who were living in Green Bay, WI in 1950. They are siblings of Patrick McManus and I am looking to share information on the McManus/Gore line.

Re: McManus/Calkins/Gore

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 9:51PM GMT
Im Glen Gore son "Harold Lee Gore" and I would most appreciative to get any information on the family.

My email is hlgore@new.rr.com or if you want to call at
920-468-8138 I would accept the charges.

I'm trying to put a family tree together and want to get more information on Patrick Earl McManus.

thanks again!

Harold Gore

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 9:51PM GMT
Im Glen Gore son "Harold Lee Gore" and I would most appreciative to get any information on the family.

My email is hlgore@new.rr.com or if you want to call at
920-468-8138 I would accept the charges.

I'm trying to put a family tree together and want to get more information on Patrick Earl McManus.

thanks again!

Harold Gore

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 3:13AM GMT
Maude Gore Calkins was my husband's grandmother. We would appreciate any information on her since she left her family in Michigan (husband and 7 children) and had only limited contact with them after that. My husband's mother was her youngest child at that time and was about 7 or 8 years old when Maude left them. My mother-in-law always said that she had few memories of her mother other than she had a piano. We have a number of pictures of Maude that we inherited but not much is known about her. Any info on Maude and the Gore/McManus families would be appreciated.

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 1:32PM GMT
I'm very happy to hear from you. Maude "Gore" Martin/Calkins McManus was my father's "Glen Gore" sister. I'm Harold Lee Gore and my father was Glen Gore and Maude "Gore/McManus" Calkins was my Aunt. Growing up I remember Aunt Maude visiting with my parents and I do have photos as well. It sure would be nice to talk and exchange what we do know about Maude and the Gore/McManus family.

I would accept the charges if you wanted to call me. My home phone number is 920-468-8138. I live in Green Bay, Wisconsin in Brown County. It would also be nice if you ever had the time and came to Green Bay....my wife and I would love to meet you. So if you can, please give us a call. There certainly is alot about the family that would be of interest to both of us. I would be more than willing so share what I know through the years. I'm 75 years of age and most of my family has passed.

Also, we've been to Marquette Michigan twice last summer and we plan a trip to Traverse City this summer to look for information on the family this upcoming summer.

I sure look forward to hearing from you!

Harold Lee & Linda Gore

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 5:11PM GMT
Surnames: Gore McManus
Harold,

I have found some information on Patrick McManus: his death certificate and obituary. It is on the Martin family tree I have. Here is the link to Patrick's page http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/40368236/person/20349914221

I have asked my husband about Patrick but he doesn't know anything about him. I know that several family members went to Traverse City a few years ago to do research on the Gore/McManus family and I will see if I can find any info on that. I do have some pictures that I will email to you. I have attached a photograph that includes Roy Gore; that would be your father's brother. The back of the photo reads Frank Martin, Walt Woods and Roy Gore. Not certain who is who but maybe you can tell? Also a photo of a Ted Martin; maybe this is Maude's son Ted? I may call you in the next few weeks as I gather more information. Unfortunately, my mother-in-law passed away just before Christmas and she was Maude Gore's last surviving child with Frank Martin. So a lot of family history went with her. However, she did leave a lot of family photographs and memoirs behind so I will see what we can glean from that. We have only just begun to sort it out.
Attachments:

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 5:15PM GMT
The middle photo is of Maude Gore, date and place unknown and there is a little girl in the bottom of the picture. The picture on the right is of Ted Martin

Re: Maude/Frank Martin Photos & Other family Photos

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 11:57PM GMT
We received your post today with the photos of Maude Gore and others. We are very happy to have received the photos.

We are sorry to hear of the passing of your mother-in-law. I believe she would be my first cousin.

The last photo attached I think was Dad's nephew "Glen Martin"...but I'm not sure. Maybe you can identify.

I do NOT recognize the little boy in the photo you sent to us? I have very little information on Ted Martin.

I look forward to your phone call. Also, I sure hope these photos send. I have had problems sending photos from this site. Also, I plan on uploading more photos and documents on the Gore Family tree....so you can check that out as well.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Harold & Linda Gore
hlgore@new.rr.com
920-468-8138
Attachments:

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 6:42PM GMT
Good Morning,

I recently found some information on Edward Calkins who was Maude's second husband. The information matches everything I have on him. Birthdate 1890, occupation machinist, children Ted, Jackie and Jimmie and birthplace Illinios. The problem is his wife is listed as Bessie NOT Maude. I met Ed when I was a teenager and recall him having a sense of humor and I can see him listing Maude as Bessie.

I cannot find anything that links him to a wife named Bessie. The picture we attached to an earlier email is Ed, Maude, Jackie and Jimmie.

The Ted Martin my parent's talked about may actually be Ted Calkins I have no pictures with Ted in them. It seems the more information we find the more confusing it becomes.

I would love to hear from you when get some time. Again, my home phone number is 920-468-8138 and I would be happy to accept the charges.

Thanks much and hope all is well with you!

Lee & Linda Gore

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 6:58PM GMT
Good Morning,

Sorry, I forgot the two attachments that I wanted you to see.

I recently found some information on Edward Calkins who was Maude's second husband. The information matches everything I have on him. Birthdate 1890, occupation machinist, children Ted, Jackie and Jimmie and birthplace Illinios. The problem is his wife is listed as Bessie NOT Maude. I met Ed when I was a teenager and recall him having a sense of humor and I can see him listing Maude as Bessie.

I cannot find anything that links him to a wife named Bessie. The picture we attached to an earlier email is Ed, Maude, Jackie and Jimmie.

The Ted Martin my parent's talked about may actually be Ted Calkins I have no pictures with Ted in them. It seems the more information we find the more confusing it becomes.

I would love to hear from you when get some time. Again, my home phone number is 920-468-8138 and I would be happy to accept the charges.

Thanks much and hope all is well with you!

Lee & Linda Gore
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions