Search for content in message boards

family search

family search

Pearl Moore (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Aug 2005 4:21PM GMT
Surnames: Rankin, Henderson
George Roy Rankin (born 1818) Jane Henderson (Born 1822)
Thier children , Mary Jane ((1852), James Stewart (1853),
Margaret (1855), George Duncan(1855), Ida (1859), James Henderson (1861), George Damien(1863) Janetta(1865), Robert Robson(1867). There must have been older children living away, these are listed in the family home in census of 1871, with exception of my grandfather George Duncan, who we know was away at the time apprenticing as a blacksmith. George Roy was a stonecutter, I do not know for sure whether he was born in N.S. or Scotland. One of sisters married Adam Murray and they had the first set of quintuplets in Canada in 1880 or therabouts. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: family search

Teresa (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2004 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: Rankin
Hi Pearl,

I have some information on the same Rankins that you are researching out of Pictou NS. I am your great niece. Email me and I will share with you what I have and maybe together we will get this all straight

bessie (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2005 7:32PM GMT
Surnames: Muir,Smith,Rankin,Winters,Gunn
I am related to rankin family as well Thye lived in Eureka

Rick MacDonald (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2005 10:15PM GMT
Surnames: Murray, MacDonald, Rankin
My mother's grandfather, William, was a son of the Adam Murray who married one of the Rankin girls and had the quintuplets.

Posted: 13 May 2005 8:07PM GMT
Hi Rick My grandfather came from Gays River was Allen Rankin then lived inEureka Pictou Co
any connection
bessie

Posted: 13 May 2005 8:08PM GMT
Hi Rick My grandfather came from Gays River was Allen Rankin then lived inEureka Pictou Co
any connection
bessie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic