Search for content in message boards

Missing cousin

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 11:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moores, Hallinan-Mawdsley.
I am looking for my cousin Patricia Moores. Mother Joan Hallinan-Mawdsley , Father William 'Bill' Moores, All of Bolton Lancashire England. Patricia would only be seven or eight years when she and her mother left England

Re: Missing cousin

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 4:34AM GMT
Hi Joan,
Could you please give a year when they left England and date for Patricia's birth.Rough guesses are good.
A search is very hard without a bit more info.
I see you also posted to Australia so you're not certain where they went.

I assume this cousin was born many years ago...otherwises with our privacy laws in Canada it's hard to find folks.
I do find people through family trees on occasion.
So,give us some dates or a rough guess and we'll see.
Elaine

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 5:11AM GMT
Surnames: Moores,Hallinan or Mawdsley
Hello Elaine, So sorry for ineffectual info....late at night.! William Moores.B.1922 D.2003
Joan Hallinan Also Mawdsley marraige to above 2nd quarter 1953 to W Moores. Bolton lancashire Emgland. Patricia must have been born between 1953 - 1955 in Bolton.left Uk probably when she was 5yrs or 6 yrs old. Tried all immigration,and many different sites but no luck.I would love to find her as she spent many times staying at my mothers home as William was my mothers youngest brother and my uncle. Thank you so much for your help. Joan
P.S. No idea if Joan and Patricia went to USA, Canada or Australia.

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 2:40AM GMT
Surnames: hallinan,Moores,Mawdsley
Hi Joan,
No real news yet but I have looked at airline passengers to Australia..the records go up to the 1980's...while the ship's passenger lists stop at 1949!!No Patricia and Joan Moores that I could see.BUT is it possible that Joan reverted to her maiden name?

Which name (Hallinan or Mawdsley) is her maiden name?
Is the other name from a previous marriage?
Do you know about when and or where Joan was born?

Interestingly I have found a few Joan Hallinan and Joan Mawdsley's death notices in England!! Could she have returned?
I did find a Joan Moores in Newfoundland,Canada on their voter's list in 1974 and occupation is domestic.But I already knew there were Moores there..actually the name of a former Premier etc!!

Are you absolutely certain that the name is spelt Moores?
Enough questions for now.Let's not give up yet!It's too early in the search!!
I did send amessage to someone who has Joan's name listed on her family tree.I don't know if its your Joan.
Anything else you can think of..oh,did anyone ever get a letter from them?
Keep in touch,
Elaine

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 8:33AM GMT
Surnames: Moores, Hallian, Mawdsley
Hi Elaine, many thanks for all your time and work on this query. When Joan was born ?? prob between 1928-1933.Previous marraige ???. Maiden name ..when I met her after marraige to uncle Bill she told me Hallinan.and Yes, she probably was married before.. thus Mawdsley..I have thought did both Pat and mother Joan return to Uk but no knowledge as I'm here in Australia and no living relatives in U.K. that I can ask. No letters or correspondence.Have tried all U.K. websites, Lancashire BMD etc but no luck.Moores was my mothers family name , spelt correctly. Uncle Bill, I kept in touch with until his death but no mention of Joan or Pat as he was devasted when Joan left taking Pat with some guy to emmigrate to ?? have exhausted all sites to find Pats birthdate but it's so mystifying....nothing!!! I will try sending to UK for Bill and Joans marraige cert, maybe on that will be true maiden name. I have also tried airline lists to australia with all the names thinking same as you Elaine, possible use of maiden name.But still drawing a blank. I thank you so much , best regards Joan

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: Moores,Hallinan
Hi Joan,
Just a wee note for now.
You mentioned sending to the UK for Bill and Joan's marriage certificate.
Did you know you can order through ancestry.com
It costs $8.00 for a digital copy.
Just go to the record of their marriage online and on the left hand side you'll see the words about ordering a copy.
Now,I see two deaths for Joans..one may be her.Probably can order them online as well.
Joan Moores
b.17 Aug 1933
d.Jan 1997 Manchester Lancashire

Joan Hallinan
b.13 Jan 1933
d.Feb 1985 Manchester

A very interesting aside is that I was searching for Patricia and this popped up amoung the other England births.
Patricia M Moore,
Mother's maiden name Hallinan
Date of registration Oct-Dec 1957
Registration District Dublin North,
Birth country Ireland
What a coincidence eh!!!
I have posted to message boards on Lancashire and also for all of England.
I'll post on the website genforum as well.It goes by surname and/or by country.
Let's work together and try to find Patricia!
Bye for now,
Elaine

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 6:52PM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2012 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: Moores, Hallinan
Hi Elaine, Today sending for the two death certs for Joan ( Moores and Hallinan , Also marraige cert to Uncle Bill.
I see there are a million Hallinans in Ireland !!!
Thanks again , Talk soon. Joan

Posted: 31 Oct 2012 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: Moores, Hallinan, Mawdsley
Hello again Elaine, Just looked at rate for certificates on Ancestry (Tho' all other site are same rate ) and it's 25 pounds which includes the digital cert for one certificate. All three would cost me 116.75 aussie dollars.Which do you think I should send for ? the most important? Thanks Joan.

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 1:47AM GMT
Hi Joan,
If it was me..I'd order the marriage certificate first.
According to the info about the marriage certificate on ancestry..I think I read that they note down any previous marriage and the woman's maiden name.
Thus,that may help narrow your next search.
Keep in touch,
Elaine

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: Hallinan Moores, Mawdslay
Hi Elaine, I have tried for the past week to get the marraige cert...all to no avail.!The site would not accept my post code saying it was invalid . problems with Australia? I emailed them , recieved email this morning with access to special site, filled that in and now after trying for the past hour it wont accept my card payment even with gemcode number from my bank. I shall try again within next few days .
Please keep in touch , and thank you, Joan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions