Search for content in message boards

Justin Root/Jennie Wade Hamilton

Justin Root/Jennie Wade Hamilton

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 12:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Root/Hamilton/Wade

Justin D. Root married Jennie Wade Hamilton 24 June 1885, daughter of Charles McNeal Hamilton and his 3rd wife Clarissia Wade (of S. Wade and the Wade House in Greenbush). According to a 1912 Hamilton family history, Justin graduated from Hahnemann Medicall College (PA?) and was a general practitioner in Brandon, WI. They had at least one child, Nellie L, b 24 Jan 1887.
Looking to find if Nellie's married name and what happened to her.

Re: Justin Root/Jennie Wade Hamilton

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 2:31AM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2012 2:40AM GMT
I found an extensive article about Charles Hamilton. It said that Justin's daughter Nellie "Leslie" Root married Loren Bowne. The article was from 1925.

I will be glad to email the article to you if you write to me at widdis77777(at)hotmail.com

Here is Loren, Leslie, and their daugher Beverley in 1940
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K7JD-HQN

Leslie R. Bowne died in Los Angeles, Dec. 5, 1972
Loren Bowne died in Los Angeles July 11, 1968

Re: Justin Root/Jennie Wade Hamilton

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 4:42PM GMT
Thanks, but I have since found an article about Dr. C.M. Hamilton in the Fond du lac history book....and with Ancestry.com discovered a divorce degree for Beverly Bowne in CA, which leads me to think parents moved to CA to be near daughter....Beverly must have remarried as I can't find her anyplace else. I really have hit a dead end, literally, unless I can find Beverly and if she had a child, did some one have a Civil War photo of Charles....are you in WI? I asked at the Wade House and they either won'[t interested, or???
per page

Find a board about a specific topic